Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster
MMOC Member: Yes

Minor abandoned in Battersea?

Post by Admin »

The club has been made aware of a Morris Minor which appears to have been abandoned in Battersea. Does anyone have any knowledge of the vehicle or the owner? The person that reported it to the club is concerned that the council will remove it and scrap it.
ab1.jpg
ab1.jpg (4 MiB) Viewed 893 times
ab2.jpg
ab2.jpg (3.18 MiB) Viewed 893 times
Thanks
(on behalf of the Derby office staff - please don't ask me for more details, I don't have any!)
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
KeithL
Minor Fan

Re: Minor abandoned in Battersea?

Post by KeithL »

It's taxed until 1st June 2021. It is also insured.

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Well if it's legally parked, then the Council won't be bothered.
But if it's taxed and insured, perhaps the person who made the Club aware of it should have reported it to the Police or council anyway, since it might have been stolen for a ride home and just abandoned there....
Basil the 1955 series II

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Odd that there's no boot lid handle.....
Perhaps that adds to the stolen and dumped theory??......
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

I think that whoever it was who contacted the club should be commended and thanked. It's all too easy for someone to say "not my problem" and walk on by, but this person cared enough about the car to contact an organisation that was most likely to be able to simply contact the owner. The other routes tend to have problems like having to create an account, spend ten minutes completing an online form, raise an incident number, job ticket, or other such bureaucratic obstruction. It’s unfortunate that the owner does not appear to be a member, or has not bothered to submit their vehicle details; but thank goodness that there are still people who care enough to at least try. :D
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Be interesting to know the outcome of this.
If it turns out that the owner doesn't want it anymore then I hope it finds a good home.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Yesterday, I considered contacting the Met on their Twitter to see if it has been flagged with them, but decided they probably would have rules and bureaucracy about it.
But I've just done some online searching.
'freecarcheck' didn't recognise the Reg, but 'isitnicked' recognised it and it's not showing on the PNC apparently.

So unless it's been nicked from a lock-up garage somewhere and the owner doesn't know, perhaps it actually belongs to someone living nearby.
Someone's been to the trouble of Taxing it during lockdown.....
The last MOT was in 2006.
Perhaps someone locally has just brought it in the past couple of months, as a lockdown project (we've seen an example or two of those here on the forum), hence the recent Tax date?

But I think that's about the end of the matter as regards on here.
As I already said, so long as it's parked legally and taxed, the council won't be bothered about it. It's more likely to get nicked or vandalised than towed by the council.
pnc.JPG
pnc.JPG (92.85 KiB) Viewed 764 times
Basil the 1955 series II

pgp001
Minor Addict

Post by pgp001 »

We keep seeing a Minor saloon in different locations that looks like it has been dumped.

I have now worked out that it belongs to someone who has a canal boat that moves around within the area and they park the car as near as they can to where they are moored up for a while.

Phil
moggiethouable
Minor Legend

Post by moggiethouable »

Stick a letter under the wiper, let the owner know you were concerned, leave a phone number. Who knows, you may pick up a bargain.
"Where Angels fear to tread"
Where angels fear to tread
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

Maybe its just broken down and owner hasn't fixed it yet! :wink: