Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
trmorrisminor
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Glove box lid thread

Post by trmorrisminor »

Afternoon all, I have a van which I am rebuilding and I appreciate they never had glove box lids, but I wish to out some on so that I can conceal a cd radio that I plan to install at a later stage. I have some original screws/bolts that held a glove box on a saloon or traveller. I think its 2 per side so 4 in total for each glove box side and bolt underneath the dash and into a capsid nut inside the dashboard - the question is what is the thread please, does any one know? I wondering if its 2BA but haven't had time check yet? As i need to order some nuts as in the van there is just a hole and no capsid nut.
Many thanks for anyone that can help.
trmorrisminor
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Glove box lid thread

Post by trmorrisminor »

I am also aware I need to replace the chrome finishers each side of the speedo from the narrow van/ pickup ones to the larger traveller/ saloon ones when I fit the glove box lids.
Many thanks
Steve Phillips
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Glove box lid thread

Post by Steve Phillips »

I think youll find they were origionally 2BA, but if you need nuts and screws then you could use 5mm, easier to get hold of and virtually the same size, dont forget some form C washers (bigger outside diameter than std washers) if the holes are slotted as the screws may try to pull into the slots without them.