1969 PICKUP

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
cookie6
MMOC Member: Yes

1969 PICKUP

Post by cookie6 »

Hi there I wonder if anyone can help . I recently got a 1969 pickup which is in need of restoration , and sent the log book of to the DVLA for change of ownership . Well after a couple of months I received a reply from the DVLA ( Vehicle Casework Unit ) saying Quote
As there has been no recent activity on this vehicle record you need to fill-in the enclosed reply slip .You should confirm any changes ,made to the vehicle ;this should include any modifications of the body shell or chassis . Please also provide photos of the vehicle in its entirety . At least one photo must show the vehicles registration number and one must show the Vin/chassis number .
Is this normal for the DVLA for a car of this age ?
les
Minor Maniac

Re: 1969 PICKUP

Post by les »

Without knowing the history of the vehicle and it’s circumstances it’s difficult to know.

cookie6

Post by cookie6 »

Hi there i do have a copy of the first log book , pickup was purchased new in 1969 from a local dealer by a holiday Caravan site . It then changed ownership in 1982 to the guy I got it from , he also owned several caravan sites and was used mostly on site and retired it in the late 80s / 90s . It was then stored in his rather large garage along with other vans and car with the intention of restoring , and there it stayed till I got it
philipkearney
Minor Fan

Post by philipkearney »

I don't know about it being 'normal' but they do seem to do this if they decide there has been no activity for a certain period of time. This happened to me a few months ago when we were seeking an updated v5 for a tractor that has been in the family since 1972. The last document was issued when things went computerised probably very late 70's. This wasn't a change of keeper though , just a change of address for the same keeper, but they requested exactly the same details as they have asked you for. Wasn't a problem as we have the vehicle and could supply the details and photos, but it was the first time I had seen them ask for this.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Just comply with the request, and you’ll be covered. Just sounds like a formality to me, if it’s all legitimate.

cookie6

Post by cookie6 »

I intend to comply with the DVLA , just wondering what other peoples experiences have been with regards to this issue .