Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Andymoor94
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

A sad day is looming

Post by Andymoor94 »

Hello again,

So after a LOT of thought and toying with ideas, finances, etc, I've had to bite the bullet in the name of many things and sell my beloved Eugene :(

I've had so much support from the forums with fixing him and have learned a lot. I'll continue to learn a lot more, as this won't be the last of my Minor addiction! Once I'm out of this hole of debt and settled, I'll be getting another. After 2 Minors and a lot of learning, I will be able to have a good luck and make no blind purchases. I know where the rot should be, I know the caveats of each model, I know what engine I DON'T WANT (Cough, 803cc).

I'll still be hear getting involved and by heck will I be coming to rallies! But I won't be owning a Minor again just yet.

Andy

Edit: Good news is that the new owner is a very sympathetic classic car enthusiast, who looks to love him like I have!
Eugene - My daily driver
1954 4 Door Saloon with original 803cc Engine.
les
Minor Maniac

Re: A sad day is looming

Post by les »

Well I never, when I recently suggested we might see your car for sale soon ——- you said never, and told me to get stuffed ! :D. Never say never !

Andymoor94
Minor Fan

Post by Andymoor94 »

les wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:59 pm Well I never, when I recently suggested we might see your car for sale soon ——- you said never, and told me to get stuffed ! :D. Never say never !
I know, I know, and I never thought I would sell him, but financial situation forces it :cry: Hey, he's got a loom to go with him, so the new owner can have a perfect working Moggy!
Eugene - My daily driver
Andymoor94
Minor Fan

Post by Andymoor94 »

Wow.

After years and years of no issues whatsoever, the buyer's own Moggy wouldn't start, so he couldn't sell his...
And therefore couldn't buy mine...

On the last minute, the sale has fallen through... Is this maybe a sign? Have the stars aligned?
Eugene - My daily driver
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

It's a sign! :P
I hated parting with Olwyn when financial misfortune dictated a few years back, so I do understand.
Try to hang on to Eugene if you can......
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)