Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Bumpy
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Anti Rust Products

Post by Bumpy »

For anyone interested in this humidity stuff, here is a link to a useful site. Just put in your postcode

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/weather/today ... d=msedgntp

On a day when humidity falls to below 90%RH I open the windows and doors in the garage to sweep in 'drier' air. Essentially free air conditioning.

Today locally it was about 92%RH and 4 degC and it predicted a dew point (condensation on surfaces) at 2 degC. Sure enough when the temp dropped to 2 degC the %RH went to 100% - definitely not a time to throw the garage open.
KeithL
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by KeithL »

I have used an Ebac 2850e in the garage for several years now. It certainly kept the condensation at bay and even if I put one of the cars away wet it would dry them within a few hours. The only issue is that, being a compressor unit, the condenser freezes up if it gets to about 3 deg.C, which it often does in the winter as the garage doesn't have a heater, so I recently bought a desiccant unit to replace it - a Meaco DD8L Junior. I am very pleased with it so far although the water capacity is quite low so I am emptying it every day or two. There is a permanent drain hose but I don't have anywhere to run it. Other dehumidifiers in the Meaco DD8 range have bigger water containers.

PMcP82
MMOC Member: No

Post by PMcP82 »

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll definitely be happy to know what I'll need to coat my Morris with when I can finally come home after this pandemic... Although I should have "commandeered" a bucket or two of the paint the guys were using when I saw the yacht Anna 1 getting touched up this autumn :lol: