Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Rare Standard model on eBay

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

There is a rare Standard model on eBay. No heater and single colour interior. There were very few of these cars made and hardly any have survived untouched like this one. So I hope whoever gets it recognises this and does not bugger it up by fitting a heater, disc brakes, alternator, different seats, extra instruments etc like so many have been got at now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1963-Morris- ... 4902.l9144
Murrayminor
Minor Addict

Re: Rare Standard model on eBay

Post by Murrayminor »

Unfortunately it has a limited market in the highlands, adding another £300 to £600 to the price will make it too expensive.
Would be a nice car when finished.
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

'JJ' - I agree with your sentiments, given the present-day rarity of cars that have not been 'modified' in some way, although I don't think fitting an appropriate, age-related Smiths heater would be going too far.....
Many, many moons ago, I had a standard SII and retrieved a heater from a 1000 that was lying in a farmer's field - paid £5 if I remember correctly. BUT, my ignorance was such at the time that I knew not that, not being the SII heater, it wouldn't fit without removing the parcel shelf........which I had to do, or stay cold! :roll:
ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by ManyMinors »

I must disagree that "there were very few made" of the standard models. I have 3 Minor saloons and a convertible and 3 of these 4 cars are standard models as opposed to the deluxe. I do agree that is was unusual to specify no heater but the heater was an option which most new car buyers were prepared to pay for :wink: I cannot see much virtue in doing without one.....
sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

what the winning bidder needs to do first of all is fit disc brakes... :wink: :lol:
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

Is there gonna be a fight? :o :lol:
JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

Actually if it is an original Orkney car a heater would not be essential.
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

sid wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:44 pm what the winning bidder needs to do first of all is fit disc brakes... :wink: :lol:
I agree, afterall a sheep may unexpectedly walk out in front of it on the Orkney lanes
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

I had a sheep jump over a wall in Cumbria and even though my Minor Ser 2 was fitted with Marina disc brakes and wheels I could not pull up quick enough. Those Cumbrian sheep must be tough as it got up and jumped back over the wall and disappeared. The Minor had a broken headlight and dented wing.
I did speak with the farmer.
Luckily I was not far from home, fitted new parts and was soon on my way back to Hampshire.
Phil

arjay
Minor Friendly

Post by arjay »

philthehill wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:04 pm I had a sheep jump over a wall in Cumbria and even though my Minor Ser 2 was fitted with Marina disc brakes and wheels I could not pull up quick enough. Those Cumbrian sheep must be tough as it got up and jumped back over the wall and disappeared. The Minor had a broken headlight and dented wing.
I did speak with the farmer.
Luckily I was not far from home, fitted new parts and was soon on my way back to Hampshire.
Phil
You might say that you had a 'woolly pull-over' Phil?
moggiethouable
Minor Legend

Post by moggiethouable »

First job is to acquire some tin worm traps, theres an infestation residing there.
Where angels fear to tread