Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
houseamber
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

What would you get?

Post by houseamber »

Ok, so here's the scenario:
We're now 7months into covid and my husband who is severely sight impaired, but great at mechanics is finding lockdown life increasingly restrictive and difficult (he's 52).
As we move towards winter I thought I could get him a new project - not a whole vehicle but perhaps a part that he could take apart and rebuild. It needs to not be too fiddly and small (so perhaps a petrol pump or wiper motor is not an option)and whilst it would be good to end up with it fully re built and working, the aim of the project would be more the journey than the destination, if you see what I mean.
He can't weld as his sight is too poor, but apart from that it could be anything Morris related.
I'd love to have some suggestions :)

Thank you in advance
Murrayminor
Minor Addict

Re: What would you get?

Post by Murrayminor »

Proud owner of my first Morris Minor
houseamber
Minor Friendly

Post by houseamber »

Ooh I like that - and there's lots of guidance on how to do it! I'd never have thought of that!
Thank you :)
Murrayminor
Minor Addict

Post by Murrayminor »

My elderly neighbour gave me a two old bottle Jacks many years ago, I still have them under my bench and occasionally use one when working on my minor.
I intend to restore them at some point and keep them as ornaments, but sadly in the garage as my wife wouldn't be too please seeing them on show in the house.

Some models are very expensive, some less so. but of them make a nice little project.

Please keep us up to date with the progress if you decide to go down that route.

Regards

Dermot.
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor