Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Owlsman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Usergroups and Friends & Foes

Post by Owlsman »

I have just stumbled across my User Control Panel and noticed a couple of tabs for 'Usergroups' and 'Friends & Foes'.

I've read what they are for but, to be honest, didn't understand a word of it. :(

Would someone be kind enough to give me a quick 'Idiot's Guide' to these tabs please.

Thanks in advance.

Alan
geoberni
Minor Legend

Re: Usergroups and Friends & Foes

Post by geoberni »

Well basically it's "what it says on the tin".

User Groups are set by the Admins.
This message board only has 2 Groups, Moderators, who are the people who help the admin run the site , whose usernames appear in Green and the rest of use mere Mortals whose usernames appear in Blue

Friends & Foes
Well Friends, if the site has the facility set up, and there's no guarantee it does, will let you select friends and highlight their posts in some way.
I don't know how it does it because I've never used it.

Foes is easy. It lets you ignore posts from the people you don't like, perhaps that's a selection that could be used more often...... :wink:

The more regularly used aspects of user Control Panel is adding details to your profile such as the signature field images and text.

When we talk about how backward this Message board is and how it's not up to date, just compare the options this board offers for 'Profile' compared to another board I'm a member of using phpBB.

It may just be that these functions were not available originally, or they have been disabled to try and stop this place crashing down so often.....
Board 1.JPG
Board 1.JPG (42.65 KiB) Viewed 521 times
An Avatar is the little picture you can have by your username, or not in the case of this board, since there's no choice.
Board 2.JPG
Board 2.JPG (78.41 KiB) Viewed 521 times
Basil the 1955 series II

Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Usergroups and Friends & Foes

Post by Admin »

Wot he said ^^^ :D
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster