Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
andrewns
MMOC Member: Yes

New Member needs help!

Post by andrewns »

Hi everyone!
Not sure where I should be posting this need but our '69 Traveller has been a family member since our wedding in 1975 and like any older person, is in need of some TLC.
On the underside of the bonnet, there are two stays running from front to back, each with a nut at one end and an eye at the other. One of these has broken at the eye and none of the usual retailers stock them, so do any members happen to have one in the shed or workshop that they would sell to me? As this particular stay has been welded at that point in the past, I'd prefer not to add insult to injury and try welding a weld.
Lastly, one of the bonnet hinge bolts is missing and my gauge suggests that its neighbour is a 26G thread. Again, none of the usual suppliers have significant stocks of threaded parts, so assuming that 9/32 BSF is correct, can I please trouble members to search their bits'n'pieces in the hope of being able to supply me with one?
Any help gratefully acknowledged.
JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend

Re: New Member needs help!

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

Hi I have some spare bonnet stays.
MorrisJohn
Minor Addict

Post by MorrisJohn »

Have a look on the Mechanical section of these forums. There’s a post near the top on. On page 1 there is a post of a table of thread sizes etc. I think it was from from username IslipMinor. It might be useful. I tried to copy and paste it here for you but it didn’t work...here is the link to the page https://www.mmoc.org.uk/Messageboard/v ... =4&t=51709

Good luck and hope you find the bits you need without much trouble.
andrewns wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:52 pm Lastly, one of the bonnet hinge bolts is missing and my gauge suggests that its neighbour is a 26G thread. Again, none of the usual suppliers have significant stocks of threaded parts, so assuming that 9/32 BSF is correct, can I please trouble members to search their bits'n'pieces in the hope of being able to supply me with one?
Any help gratefully acknowledged.
A bad day with my Volksie still beats a good day at work!

https://www.glasgowmoggies.com
moggiethouable
Minor Legend

Post by moggiethouable »

Andrew, one of my best buys was a copy of this parts catalogue,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182110840564 ... QXEALw_wcB

There are numerous clear drawings with part numbers so you can contact your local dealer with confidence,
Where angels fear to tread
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Not all Morris Minor parts suppliers use the same part number(s) or even the same parts description for the same item