Not a criticism - just a comment 😀
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Messageboard management

Post by Admin »

woodiesenfrance wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:51 pm
Shropshiremoggie wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:01 pm Blimey - this is rumbling on a bit 🙄
At the most basic level, I would simply like to know who all the moderators are on this board, and to be reassured that they are all paid-up MMOC members.
You may be so assured. And I'm afraid I don't see any need for anyone to know who they are. Thanks for your interest.
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

:lol:

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes............"
Do I smell a witch-hunt brewing.................. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

——but we do know who they are, don’t we ? :o

Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

les wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:09 pm ——but we do know who they are, don’t we ? :o
No, you know who some of the moderators are - not all carry the privileges which make them show up in The Team and similar locations.
Shropshiremoggie wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:17 pm Not a criticism - just a comment 😀
No worries, normal service will very soon be resumed, I am happy to assure you :wink:
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
MCYorks
Minor Fan

Post by MCYorks »

geoberni wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:09 pm But the basic fact remains, Message Board Moderating and Morris Minor experience are not relevant to each other.
I have to agree. No requirement for someone to own a Morris Minor, in order to be a club member or moderate the message board. There are plenty of train enthusiasts who don't own or drive trains, but are very knowledgeable in the field none the less.

I for one, would like to say a big thank you to all the moderators, who freely give their time to try and keep things running smoothly. Without them I'm sure there wouldn't be a message board. People don't even have to be MMOC members to join the message board. Can't really complain about something if you're getting it for free :wink:
woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan

Post by woodiesenfrance »

Shush, keep it quiet, Secret Squirrel is alive and well and hiding in the MMOC Messageboard!
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

, and to be reassured that they are all paid-up MMOC members.
Why?
Is it relevant to the role?
Perhaps it's been outsourced to some far off foreign land, like the Seychelles,..... or France, a little company called 'Moderators R Us' perhaps... if it keeps the forums in check and stops Spammers, irrelevance, or inappropriate comments, does it matter?

The fact that a few members of the Message Board provide a volunteer service of Moderating simply deserves our continual thanks, not an irrelevant inquisition.
Basil the 1955 series II

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

We'd be better off backing them in their drive for a more reliable site for us.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

geoberni wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:30 am
, and to be reassured that they are all paid-up MMOC members.
Why?
Is it relevant to the role?
Perhaps it's been outsourced to some far off foreign land, like the Seychelles,..... or France, a little company called 'Moderators R Us' perhaps... if it keeps the forums in check and stops Spammers, irrelevance, or inappropriate comments, does it matter?

The fact that a few members of the Message Board provide a volunteer service of Moderating simply deserves our continual thanks, not an irrelevant inquisition.
On an entirely unrelated note, do you know how to kill a troll? Don't give it the oxygen of acknowledgement. It drives them mad that nobody is paying them attention.
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

:lol: :wink:
Basil the 1955 series II

win
Minor Fan

Post by win »

:D :D :evil:
South Yorkshire
JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

woodiesenfrance wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:26 am Shush, keep it quiet, Secret Squirrel is alive and well and hiding in the MMOC Messageboard!
POMMreg?
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

Don't bring me into it!!

Enough woes of my own!

Typical week in the life of POMMReg, laptop gave up last month, guy kindly donated his old one but neglected to inform me 1/4 of the key's don't work!!

As long as a chassis,body,engine,gearbox,rear axle number & lucas/triplex date doesn't contain 4,5,6,7,8 it's all good🤯.

Lord 'elp us!!

Either laugh or cry!!😭
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
MorrisJohn
Minor Addict

Post by MorrisJohn »

POMMReg wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:12 pm Don't bring me into it!!

Typical week in the life of POMMReg, laptop gave up last month, guy kindly donated his old one but neglected to inform me 1/4 of the key's don't work!!

Lord 'elp us!!
Hahaha :lol:
A bad day with my Volksie still beats a good day at work!

https://www.glasgowmoggies.com
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

[quote=

As long as a chassis,body,engine,gearbox,rear axle number & lucas/triplex date doesn't contain 4,5,6,7,8 it's all good
[/quote]
You could be the kinda guy to purchase my number stamps, complete except for numbers 1 & 2 :D

Chief
Minor Addict

Post by Chief »

POMMReg wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:12 pm but neglected to inform me 1/4 of the key's don't work!!
Doesn't seem to have affected the keys required for posting here :P :wink:

Actually years ago I bought one of those aerosols for blowing dust etc. out of keyboards for use on my laptop.

As it turned out I got a faulty can that sprayed the liquid out instead of the gas, for those that don't know the liquid in these cans is the same stuff that is used for freezing rusted nuts/bolts to try and loosen them (in fact if you hold any of those air spray cans upside down you'll likely get the freezing liquid) - result: one frozen and completely broken laptop keyboard :roll: Had to buy a keyboard off eBay to fit in the end.

So you see, it isn't just you that has such things happen :D
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

Chief wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:35 pm
POMMReg wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:12 pm but neglected to inform me 1/4 of the key's don't work!!
Doesn't seem to have affected the keys required for posting here :P :wink:

Actually years ago I bought one of those aerosols for blowing dust etc. out of keyboards for use on my laptop.

As it turned out I got a faulty can that sprayed the liquid out instead of the gas, for those that don't know the liquid in these cans is the same stuff that is used for freezing rusted nuts/bolts to try and loosen them (in fact if you hold any of those air spray cans upside down you'll likely get the freezing liquid) - result: one frozen and completely broken laptop keyboard :roll: Had to buy a keyboard off eBay to fit in the end.

So you see, it isn't just you that has such things happen :D
We're DOOMED!

Next thing we'll be laughing at Ant'n'Dec's jokes... the final straw for mankind!!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
Chief
Minor Addict

Post by Chief »

POMMReg wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:00 pm Next thing we'll be laughing at Ant'n'Dec's jokes... the final straw for mankind!!
Think this is the first time I've missed having a "Like" button on these forums :D
KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

Admin wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:04 am On an entirely unrelated note, do you know how to kill a troll?
I thought you had to shove your wand up its nose.