Second hand driver seat frame and banjo driving wheel search

If you need something, try asking for it here - you never know

Moderator: Moderators

ZORGLUB
MMOC Member: No

Second hand driver seat frame and banjo driving wheel search

Postby ZORGLUB » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:21 am

Dear All,

New "fresh" owner and member of MMOC, I recently buy a Traveller 1968, restored 15 years ago. Then, I really need help as this car is fitted with 2 passenger type seats on front, drving when you are 1.80cm nor easy.....So, I am looking for second hand driver seat frame in acceptable condition.
So, purely aesthetic....I like to replace the original driving wheel by a banjo type. Is it possible ? Does some member have a spere one ????

I thank you so much for your help.

simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Second hand driver seat frame and banjo driving wheel search

Postby simmitc » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:26 am

What is your location? Seat frames are not easy to post, so it would be better to find someone local if at all possible.

I'm guessing that what you are looking for is the seat with the adjustament lever on it? Have you looked at your seat mounting - there are two sets of holes mthat can be used. If yours is mounted in the front four holes, then you could get a bit more space by moving it to the back four holes; or vice versa. A cover plate should be present, so remove all four bolts in order to check the position.

If you really arer 1.8cm tall then you probably need a stack of cushions to see over the bonnet :-? :lol:

paul 300358
Minor Fan

Postby paul 300358 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:31 pm

JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend

Postby JOWETTJAVELIN » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:01 pm

simmitc wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:26 am
What is your location? Seat frames are not easy to post, so it would be better to find someone local if at all possible.

I'm guessing that what you are looking for is the seat with the adjustament lever on it? Have you looked at your seat mounting - there are two sets of holes mthat can be used. If yours is mounted in the front four holes, then you could get a bit more space by moving it to the back four holes; or vice versa. A cover plate should be present, so remove all four bolts in order to check the position.

If you really arer 1.8cm tall then you probably need a stack of cushions to see over the bonnet :-? :lol:
That's right, ridicule a new member whose first language isn't English. All he did was politely ask for help.

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Postby jagnut66 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:21 pm

That had me chuckling too..... :lol:
I think he means 1.8m tall..... :wink:

That's right, ridicule a new member whose first language isn't English. All he did was politely ask for help.
Running these old cars, as much as we love them, I think we all need to have a sense of humour.
I am sure 'ZORGLUB' was chuckling too when he realised what he'd typed and I suspect it was just 'finger trouble' ('cm' instead of 'm'), rather than a language barrier, in this case.

One valid point was raised though ZORGLUB, in where are you located? As it will effect what advice people on here give to a degree.
As already stated, seat frames would not be a cheap thing to post.
Best wishes,
Mike.

PS: 1.8m equates to 5' 9", which is what I am, I put my seat back on the adjuster and find that a perfectly comfortable driving position, so once this has been resolved for you I feel confident you will have no problem driving your Morris comfortably.
(Still missing) Olwyn Image

geoberni
Minor Addict

Postby geoberni » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:02 am

jagnut66 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:21 pm

PS: 1.8m equates to 5' 9", which is what I am, I put my seat back on the adjuster and find that a perfectly comfortable driving position, so once this has been resolved for you I feel confident you will have no problem driving your Morris comfortably.
[/i][/b]
Ummmmm....
Which are you, 5'9" or 1.8m?
1.8m is actually 5ft 11 and 7/8th inches....

I immediately spotted that because for my RAF ID Card gave my height as 6'0", later to be 1.83m. :wink:

I manage to drive Basil OK with the seat fully back on the standard mountings. It's a little upright compared to a modern car, but you get used to it.
Basil the 1955 series II

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Postby jagnut66 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:36 pm

5' 9"
When I use the 'convert meters to feet' function on google it converts 1.8m to 5' 9"?? I just tried it again and came up with the same result...….
Oh, well...…….. :roll:
Anyway, as you say, he'll adapt and still be able to drive his car.
Best wishes,
Mike.
(Still missing) Olwyn Image

geoberni
Minor Addict

Postby geoberni » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:46 pm

jagnut66 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:36 pm
5' 9"
When I use the 'convert meters to feet' function on google it converts 1.8m to 5' 9"?? I just tried it again and came up with the same result...….
Oh, well...…….. :roll:
Anyway, as you say, he'll adapt and still be able to drive his car.
Best wishes,
Mike.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OH Mike, you're wonderful.... I think you'll find it is converting 1.8 mtrs to 5.9 ft, not to 5' 9".
:wink:

I must admit, I actually made a typo above, it's 5ft, 10 and 7/8th inches, i.e. almost 5ft 11in.
Basil the 1955 series II