Discuss Electrical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Jamiet
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Accuspark 2 leads

Post by Jamiet »

Hi need some advice re the Accuspark electronic ignition. I see there are 2 leads. My distributor is positive earth 25d on a 1098 66 minor. The distributor only has one lead for the low tension circuit. Therefore what are the 2 on the Accuspark for?
geoberni
Minor Legend

Re: Accuspark 2 leads

Post by geoberni »

Didn't you get a leaflet on how to install it? Or have you just been messing with one that's already installed...? :wink:

The Electronic Unit needs a power supply to operate it.

http://accuspark.co.uk/InstructionsPDF/ ... ons%20.pdf
Basil the 1955 series II

MOGGIEMOS1@
Minor Friendly

Post by MOGGIEMOS1@ »

I to have just fitted a electronic distributor to my mog and am confused about the wiring from the dizzy to coil and the live feed to the coil I'm totally stumped and can't get my mog up and running
MOGGIEMOS1@
Minor Friendly

Post by MOGGIEMOS1@ »

Is there anyone in stoke-on-trent who can spare 30 minutes to advise this amateur moggie owner how to get her running
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

MOGGIEMOS1@ wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:36 pm I to have just fitted a electronic distributor to my mog and am confused about the wiring from the dizzy to coil and the live feed to the coil I'm totally stumped and can't get my mog up and running
There used to be 1 wire, now there's 2....the addition is just the supply for the electronic unit.
I suggest you watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lcx_Qr0KyM&t=265s
Basil the 1955 series II

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Jamiet wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:03 am
MOGGIEMOS1@ wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:38 pm
it would be nice if either of these forum members came back to let us know how they were getting on......

Although I see MOGGIEMOS1@ has also reopened an old electronic ignition topic from 2013.
Basil the 1955 series II

Jamiet
Minor Friendly

Post by Jamiet »

Sorry for the late update my bad...... I have now bought an Accuspark positive earth electronic ignition and sports coil. My old distributor was knackered so thought I would give this a try. There are instructions supplied so hope they will suffice. I am still undecided as to where to get the power feed from but will sort this out I hope. Thanks for all the replies.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Jamiet wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:16 pm Sorry for the late update my bad...... I have now bought an Accuspark positive earth electronic ignition and sports coil. My old distributor was knackered so thought I would give this a try. There are instructions supplied so hope they will suffice. I am still undecided as to where to get the power feed from but will sort this out I hope. Thanks for all the replies.
Glad you're making progress.
The power feed for the electronics is simply from the +ve connection to the Coil, or if you have a Ballast Resistor, from the +ve connection to the resistor.
All clearly shown in the leaflet. :)
Last edited by geoberni on Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Basil the 1955 series II

Biggles1957
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by Biggles1957 »

Yup - I tapped mine off the coil. Dead easy and convenient