Discuss Electrical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
andyreeder
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

lights

Post by andyreeder »

Hi, I got a strange one when I turn my headlights on main beam all is ok but when I turn full beam on the drivers side goes off and the passenger side go up ok. Any idea’s any one. I have swapped sealed light units and also swapped the high beam foot switch but it is still the same
Alec
Minor Legend

Post by Alec »

Hello Andy,

I presume you mean when you go from dip to full (main) beam that the drivers headlight goes off.
Look at the inner wing and locate the blue\white wire connector and wiggle that around. It is likely that you have a poor connection there, or else the actually connector on the sealed beam unit itself (the female Lucar connector) The inner wing bullet connection is more likely.

Alec
andyreeder
Minor Friendly

Post by andyreeder »

cheers Alec i will try that tomorrow evening

cheers Andy
Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

I had exactly the same problem with my minor a few weeks ago, we traced the wire back from the light to the first joint and found one of the wires was corroded, we just bared a little more of the wire and reconnected it again, all worked fine after that

Andy
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

andyreeder
Minor Friendly

Post by andyreeder »

Thanks for your help i did what you said followed the blue and white wire to the first joint cut it off re-striped the wires and re-jointed them and all was ok!!

A BIG CHEERS FROM ME.