Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Jefftav
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Kenlowe Fan

Post by Jefftav »

Hi all,

I have bought a Kenlowe fan to fit to my Morris Radiator on the engine side so it is a suck through fan. Has anyone else fitted one and did you have to fit it off centre towards the passenger side of the car as when I looked at it yesterday if I fit it owards the drivers side or in the centre there doesn't seem to be a lot of room. It is either very close to the water pump or access to adjust the fan belt would be tight unless I am missing something.

The fan is 9in wide and 2in deep.

Thanks Jeff
minor_hickup
Minor Legend

Post by minor_hickup »

The fan must be mounted off centre towards the passenger side. It does not affect the function of the fan.
alanworland
Minor Legend

Post by alanworland »

I managed to fit my Kenowe between the grille and the rad:-

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg17 ... G_2035.jpg

a bit of a tight fit (I even had to take the end off the bonnet catch!) but it does still leave a bit of room in front of the engine (sidevalve)
fsk658
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by fsk658 »

I have just fitted a Revotec fan of simular size to the Kenlow. It definately
fits better on the passenger side. If you use the pull through fixing be very carefull how you pull them through the Rad. I managed to ruin my radiator. I was lazy and tried to pull them through with the Rad in place which rubbed on the water ways which after inspection are very thin like fag paper.<br>Image<br>
Jefftav
Minor Addict

Post by Jefftav »

Thanks guys and the pics are really helpful. I did look at the option of fitting it to the non engibe side of the radiator but is does look extremely tight for space so I deceided not to go this route. I might take another look though as it would save some room.

Thanks again Guys, Jeff
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Can the fan drive be reversed - or does it only work one way - I presume 'sucking' if you are putting it on the engine side of the rad.
ImageImage
Jefftav
Minor Addict

Post by Jefftav »

The fan blades can be reversed - as far as I know - but I was just looking at practicality and space. The fan I bought came as a suck through.
fsk658
Minor Friendly

Post by fsk658 »

Hi Jeff I would not reccomend fitting the fan in front of the radiator My pick up has it this way and I had to cut a notch in the cross bars to clear the fan housing. I did some research on the web with different makes of fans before fitting one to my 4 door saloon and the info suggests that, the fan isnt as efficient pushing through the rad even if it was designed for pushing the air
alanworland
Minor Legend

Post by alanworland »

I can confirm fitting in front of rad is very tight but it is 'nice and out of the way' I must say though that it will rarely come on in normal use.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

When idling only - doubt even then up in Inverness brrrrrrr !
ImageImage
SriVik
Minor Friendly

Re: Kenlowe Fan

Post by SriVik »

Ten revotec behind radiator looks too close to the engines blade fan. Got Enough spaceinbetween cooling fan and engine blade??
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

If you have the Revotec fan fitted with thermostatic control you do not need to have the fan blades fitted.

SriVik
Minor Friendly

Post by SriVik »

I do thought of buying revotec fan. Dint know we have to remove the original fan...

Okey well noted phill