Discuss Electrical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
callyspoy
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

voltage regulator?

Post by callyspoy »

it isa regulator right? i can never remember if it is a stabiliser or a regulator!
right, i fitted a alternator yonks ago, did the old join "X" wire with "Y" wire in the voltage doo hickey.
NOW
i am painting the engine bay tomorrow and am thinking as the voltage whatchacallit is doing nowt, i should just remove it. Is it just a case of connecting the wires together with a crimp or is it something more complex? i am happy to do complex, as long as somebody can explain!
cheers
Callum
Mogwai
Minor Addict

Re: voltage regulator?

Post by Mogwai »

The wiring on mine is soldered together as necessary & completely disconnected from the control box,its still there but just for show now
[sig]7538[/sig]
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

mine were connected with crimps, provided they are well insulated you should have no problems
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

There are internal connections that you will need to replicate if you remove it. Just study the wiring diagram.
ImageImage
callyspoy
Minor Legend

Post by callyspoy »

Is there anyone who can tell me what to do? I had a look at the wiring diagram, problem is, i have of course moved the wires around due to alrenator. So the "internal" connections, i assume this means that the box is still doing something? So do i now have to connect the joined wires together?
i know not which connects who to what! And why! Don't even get me started on why!
Oh modification, i vow to not do anything nearly as painful on the Triumph!
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

I guess you really just need to join the A and A1 wires together when you remove the box - are all the other terminals empty - or are you using them to supply the alternator ?
ImageImage