Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
67-2door
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Distributor query.

Post by 67-2door »

Hi.
Does anyone supply new or reconditioned 25D distributors that are as good as originals? Or anyone that fully reconditions originals?
I've toyed with the idea of an accuspark electronic distributor but I quite like the idea of keeping points & condenser etc, just for the simplicity & possibility or a repair at the roadside if it should fail, but from what I've heard most modern points, condensers & dissy's are fairly poor quality.
Thanks.
Neil.

pgp001
Minor Addict

Re: Distributor query.

Post by pgp001 »

My Traveller was fitted with Lumenition about ten years ago by a previous owner and has been very reliable.
However I plan to carry either a complete spare dizzy, or at least the small parts to go back to points and condenser if it should ever fail.

I have carried a spare dizzy around in my austin 7 for the last 22 years, and it has never been needed, but the day you set off without it .......

Phil
KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

We replaced the innards of our 25D4 distributor with the Petronix electronic ignition system. It is easy to switch back to points and condenser if you need to (and know what you are doing).

Either way I suggest you speak to Martin at Distributor Doctor (http://www.distributordoctor.com/) who has a reputation for supplying quality parts.

liammonty
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by liammonty »

Martin Jay (Distributor Doctor) also reconditions distributors to ‘as new’ condition - I’ve been very pleased with mine.