Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Sandun
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Brake light not work

Post by Sandun »

Hi ,

Today i just check my brake light , they not wark , - (parking side is ok , but when i brake the light not work )

At last , I check the bulbs , they fine - then I just remove the one wire of the brake light switch , and ignition oN , just connect the removed wire with the other brake light switch wire , it was bad sparking , please what is the problem ?

Sandun .

simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Brake light not work

Post by simmitc »

The sparking may just have been the current needed to operate the brake lights. As well as the sparks, did the lights come on?

You are already working in the most likely area, that the switch has failed. If it is not that, then check the wires in the boot and make sure that all the colours match up, nothing connected to the wrong place. Also inspect the wires for any broken insulation that could be shorting to earth, but the switch is still the most likely trouble spot.
Sandun
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: Brake light not work

Post by Sandun »

Hi - I use safety way check it .

I remove the battery + wire ( Negative earth car ) , then remove the two wires of brake light switch ,

Then ,using piece of wire supplied power to the brake lights , then all are fine work , problem the brake light Switch . - Thank you my friend .