CIGARETTE/PHONE SOCKET SUPPLY

Discuss Electrical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Jeepster
MMOC Member: Yes

CIGARETTE/PHONE SOCKET SUPPLY

Post by Jeepster »

I have got all the relevant parts, including an inline fuse holder for a cigarette/phone charger socket. Anyone got any suggestions as to where to take a feed from? TIA
alawrence10360
Minor Fan

Re: CIGARETTE/PHONE SOCKET SUPPLY

Post by alawrence10360 »

I am currently doing the same thing
I would have liked to have used a spare connection on the top of the fuse box but they are all in use
So I have gone to the bottom unfused side
Because of this I have placed the inline fuse next to the fuse box to keep the unprotected cable length to a minimum
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Re: CIGARETTE/PHONE SOCKET SUPPLY

Post by Mark Wilson »

An alternative would be to use a "piggy back" connector on whichever part of the fuse box you choose to use. You need to decide if you want your socket to be on the switched or unswitched side - if you are using it for charging phones (out of sight!) while parked it should be unswitched, but if the ciggy lighter is being used you definitely want it on the switched side. You could alternatively piggy back off the incoming side of the voltage regulator at the rear of the speedo for a switched low current socket.

Haven't done any of these myself - I've run so many extras off mine that I've built in an extra 6 way fuse and relay board under the dash.