Wiring nightmare - please help!!

Discuss Electrical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
domd79
MMOC Member: Yes

Wiring nightmare - please help!!

Post by domd79 »

I’m in the process of trying to sort out the wiring behind the drivers side glove box on my 1969 4 door. However, despite looking at numerous wiring diagrams and trying to follow them as best I can, I’m making little progress. Some of the wire colours don’t seem to relate to the wiring diagrams I have..?

The unconnected wires are as follows:

- I have two unconnected brown/ black wires that relate to the front door interior light switches.
- One unconnected purple wire with a separate unconnected black earth wire relating to the interior light, coming from the drivers side windscreen pillar.
- One brown/black wire from the indicator stalk, presumably linked to the horn, as well as a separate unconnected black earth wire.
- Coming off the main loom there is an unconnected purple/black wire. This is located with the majority of the other connected coloured wires attached to the indicator stalk.
- An unconnected purple wire lower down the main loom closer to the bulkhead. There is also a black earth wire there unconnected.

Wiring is really not my thing and I’m struggling. I would really appreciate an idiots guide as to which of the above wires connect to which to get everything working?

Many thanks in for your help advance!
alawrence10360
Minor Fan

Re: Wiring nightmare - please help!!

Post by alawrence10360 »

I believe the purple and black go to your interior light as a power supply pos and neg
The brown and black wires come from the interior light switch and go to the door switches from memory
Last edited by alawrence10360 on Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alawrence10360
Minor Fan

Post by alawrence10360 »

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=71728

Ask this guy as I think he’s been through this recently
domd79

Post by domd79 »

Thank you for your advice. I think I have it all sorted now. Although the horn doesn’t work. I suspect this is not the connections but something to do with the live wire coming from the horn push button. I will have a look at that over the weekend.
pgp001
Minor Addict

Post by pgp001 »

The horn has a live feed straight to it, to make it operate the horn button completes the circuit by earthing the other terminal of the horn.

Phil
domd79

Post by domd79 »

All is sorted! My wiring woes are over. Many thanks for your advice everyone 👍🏻🙂