ignition light

Discuss Electrical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Sidthevid
MMOC Member: No

ignition light

Post by Sidthevid »

Hi , i am new her but looking for some help, i have recently changed to electronic ignition on my 63 2 door moggie,and alternator, followed all wiring diagrams off here and google,everything seems to be OK , and the alternator is charging the battery,checked via multi metre but the ignition switch light on the clock is still glowing red,i have attached more grounding straps, as to help the negative earth, any suggestions ??????????, its probably something simple but i am at a loss????
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: ignition light

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
I converted to an alternator recently too, however I didn't rate the alternator wiring 'as supplied'. One large brown and two extremely skinny ones that didn't look up to much at all.
So I rewired / soldered the alternator connection plug, retaining the large brown but dispensing with the skinny ones and reusing the main loom wiring, as described in the instructions available on here, see below:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=71948
I was wondering if in using the kit 'as supplied' you missed reconnecting a wire?
Best wishes,
Mike.
Alternator wiring.JPG
Alternator wiring.JPG (1.25 MiB) Viewed 438 times
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)