Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Meggie moggy
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Indicator stalk conversion

Post by Meggie moggy »

Hi
After a lot of searching and getting nowhere it's time to ask again.
I am not sure if this can be done or not.
My indicator stalk gas been changed for a replacement stalk with high beam flash and constantly on as well as the horn.
I would like to return to the original set up with the horn on the steering wheel and have the indicator stalk with the indicator tell take but also to convert the stalk to have st least the high beam flash facility.
My thinking is possibly to convert the horn push of the existing arm to have the tell tale but have drawn a blank with regards to the body and bulb holder for this?
Meggie living in West Sussex. Slowly being restored.
W. A. Traveller

Re: Indicator stalk conversion

Post by W. A. Traveller »

Hi MM,
LES (Lilliput Edison Screw) globes (Bulbs) and holders are available from good electronic component shops. Be aware that some el-cheapo holders only fit that manufacturers globe as they have 'interpreted' the international standard to suit themselves although the glass envelope is the international size.
I have had to solder new holders into my '88 Rolls (no kidding - RR and Morris) dash as to obtain genuine Lucas items is a kings ransom out here.

The 'flash' function should still be available if you mechanically disable the dip/main selection movement.
Colin S
My Cars:
BMWs 730,735,740 (matching trailer),750 and X5 4.4
Jaguar E Type V12 manual
Daimler and matching trailer
Minor Traveller
Alvis Stalwart :o
Meggie moggy
Minor Friendly

Re: Indicator stalk conversion

Post by Meggie moggy »

Hi
Thanks for that may have to go down that route though I am looking at trying to combine a mini indicator unit with the morris minor stalk
Meggie living in West Sussex. Slowly being restored.