EBAY SCAMMER AT IT AGAIN

Got any hints or tips? Share them here.
alawrence10360
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: EBAY SCAMMER AT IT AGAIN

Postby alawrence10360 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:43 am

When I first started looking at buying a Moggy I had never heard of scams such as this
I found a pickup I liked not realising that good pickups were as rare as hens teeth
I even spoke to the people and made attempts to view. I spoke to the bloke selling and his wife and they were very plausible
I eventually won the item but something just didn’t feel right. I still to this day don’t know if it was a scam.
If I can still find the listing I will post it but I think they are still awaiting payment !
If it looks too good to be true.....

Sleeper
Minor Addict

Postby Sleeper » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:45 am

alawrence10360 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:28 am
I think this guy/girl has identified blokes are as daft as a brush
My Wife would agree...

John ;-)

alawrence10360
Minor Fan

Postby alawrence10360 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:42 pm

It’s the male menopause
I can’t remember where I’ve put things, I can’t see anything when it’s in front of my face, I don’t know what day it is
All I’m missing is a hot flush

Sleeper
Minor Addict

Postby Sleeper » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:14 am

Another batch...
scam.JPG
scam.JPG (112.01 KiB) Viewed 243 times
John ;-)

dp
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Postby dp » Sun May 10, 2020 9:10 am

les wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:45 pm
The scam problem is like ‘trying to rub out all the rude words on all the toilet doors in the world’ Its not possible. Awareness is the only way to tackle the problem.
That's like saying hospitals are trying to get rid of all the sickness in the world, it's not possible so why bother. Every scammer put out of action makes some difference.

As for the Ebay scams with one picture of a nice car as bait and then another pic of a mobile number, I've seen this type of advert pop up at the same time as a genuine advert, stealing the picture of the genuine one. I'm not sure if it's a middleman thing where they take a margin off between the genuine seller and buyer or a proper scam. If the latter, I think it's only a matter of time before a wronged person and 10 mates with hammers and anger management issues follow up posing as buyers with cash. Though I'd like to emphasise that I'm in no way condemning violence as a solution.