Got any hints or tips? Share them here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Arfron
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Master Cylinder - Removal

Post by Arfron »

Gave up with the big screwdriver system . Couln't get enough force to depress the torsion bar- also the driver kept slipping. :evil:

Solution: get hold of a No. 8 G cramp (woodwork type ) Use a bit of 3x2 and various blocks between th chassis and the outer sill. Position cramp directly under and between the two bolts; turn the thumb-screw , needs a bit of foce ! You can pop out the both bolts in one go . No need to go from one bolt to the other with drivers , bars etc . It really works like a dream !!

Hope that this helps you with a difficult process ( or could be !! )

All th best. Arfron :roll:
Cam

Post by Cam »

Excellent solution Arfron!

but just a quick note, this is a perfect method for standard torsion bars, however if you have uprated bars (like my 100% uprated ones) then they don't deflect at all!! so, you still have to remove them.
Arfron
Minor Fan

M/C Reply to Cam

Post by Arfron »

I found the system very useful . I agree , if you have the upgraded torsion bars you would have to remove them. Anyway thanks for the note .I hope folk may find the method useful ?

Regards Arfron :roll: ( ps. I like your little bloke changing gear )
Cam

Post by Cam »

I like your little bloke changing gear

That's what you get for idly browsing the internet when you should be working!
Arfron
Minor Fan

Reply about the little bloke

Post by Arfron »

:D Mmmm ! Naughty !

Regards Arfron :roll:
Jefftav
Minor Addict

Master Cylinder Removal

Post by Jefftav »

I gave up with slipping screwdrivers, crowbars and expletives when my mate let me borrow a simple tool which I'm sure could be made by someone. It has a half pipe to rest on the torsion bar with a piece of threaded rod welded on, a short threaded coupling and a flat plate to rest against the top of the chassis rail not the floor. Turn the threaded coupling up towards the flat plate with a spanner (threaded rod & coupling need to be same thread) and the torsion bar gets pushed down and the bolts can be slid out easily and 1/2hr job with this tool. I can email pictures if anyone wants more details. This probably wouldn't work on the upgraded torsion bars but might be worth a try!