jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Marina and Ital parts

Post by jagnut66 »

No puns intended or implied............ :lol:
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

:lol: :lol:
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Just taken delivery of a NOS Ital thick front suspension arm Pt No: 21H6354 still in the BL wrapping. These have the very thick web.
The Marina/Ital parts are out there but may require a bit of a search. 8)

If anyone has a NOS 21H6354 arm or one in very good rust free condition I would be interested in purchasing it.

philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Morris Marina front suspension - one side of modified parts all ready to be fitted to my Minor. The other side is already done and waiting to be fitted.
The damper is a SPAX adjustable item fitted with SuperPro SPF0718-80K poly bushes. These are one piece bushes and can be easily fitted.
The anti roll bar link has SuperPro SPF1111-4K poly bushes fitted.
The eye bolt is a Minor Mania adjustable camber item. Note the Metalastic bush fitted.
The tie bar bracket is a Marina item and has a much better finish, a larger footprint and does not need the spacer as per the Minor tie bar bracket.
The Marina thick suspension arm (Pt No: 21A6354) web is very much thicker than either the Minor or early Marina arm and is able to accept being drilled 3/8" x 2 to accept the damper bracket. The later Marina arms with the thick web (Pt No: 21H6830) were drilled 7/16" to accept the anti-roll bar mount.
The eye bolt pin is standard Marina and has splines on the boss which fits into the splines of the thick arm which unlike the Minor which has a cup and can turn inside the thick arm.
The damper mount bracket is a modified bracket from a SPAX Minor damper conversion kit.
The two large penny washers are fitted between the thick and thin arm to eliminate the void between the two arms caused by the two raised bosses on the forward side if the thick arm.
The thin arm is Marina with the two extra holes for the damper mount.
This kit will be used with the Marina already modified adjusters on the rear end of the torsion bars.
Marina suspension 22 (2).JPG
Marina suspension 22 (2).JPG (1.66 MiB) Viewed 7845 times

kiwimog
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by kiwimog »

Wow Phil. Looks the business. Have you a photo of the completed assembly?
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Not yet - life keeps getting in the way :wink: but I have had the assembly fitted to dummy body parts so I know it will all fit together.
It will be fitted in conjunction with the Marina torsion bar adjusters (see photo below) which overall will give improved suspension and the ability to adjust the suspension height at will by just loosening three nuts either side.
I have the options of fitting the standard Minor torsion bars, the standard Marina torsion bars which are approx. 30% stronger or the Marina van torsion bars which are approx. 50% stronger. Not sure which I will use but trending towards using the standard Marina torsion bars.
When it is all assembled I will post photos on here.
Marina adjuster 11.JPG
Marina adjuster 11.JPG (1.81 MiB) Viewed 6912 times

irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Are you turreting the rear Phil
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

I will not be turreting the rear dampers.
The dampers will be gas SPAX though fitted onto modified mounts - so not much different to the tele dampers already fitted.

momo67
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by momo67 »

glad to read it, thanks Kevin.!