Got any hints or tips? Share them here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
d_harris
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Security

Post by d_harris »

Having had my mothers Ford Fiesta broken into last night by some little s**t in the Uni Car Park I was given some advice by the police forensics guy about car security. We all love our precious moggies but you don't have to have the IQ of Einstein to know that they aren't difficult to pinch. I was told that Brighton Police have various 'test cars' parked around the seedier areas of the city, the ones which never even get a second look have the front taken off the stereos, nothing visible of worth and the glovebox empty and open. Also Those big yellow steering wheel locks which go right round the wheel, although I don't know if they would fit a mog. Failing that buy an agressive dog and keep him in the car.

I found it highly amusing that the git who tried to steal my mums car smashed in the immobiliser thus rendering the whole car useless and the police have some really incriminating evidence which I won't detail here.

The insurance company have decided to write it off now so i'm going to be coming to brighton on the train most days.

Remember, Empty cars and visible deterrants are the best means of protecting cars (failing that, remove the mogs rotor arm!!!!!)

hornmeister2000
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by hornmeister2000 »

Thanks for the advice, Dan, although I sometimes wonder how attractive a mog would be to a thief anyway? Mine has a steering wheel lock, although a full wheel one wouldn't fit. Still a deterrant, though. I have considered removing the rotor arm on occasion but it's a messy job since I didn't fit the rocker cover gasket properly about 500 miles ago and I haven't got round to re-doing it yet...!
Neil
-
Everyone is a salesperson and needs to constantly improve to win more, quality business.

Win and retain more business today at http://www.nsales.co.uk & get tips direct to your inbox with the salesletter at http://www.nsales.co.uk/salesletter.htm

uk.linkedin.com/in/neilshorney
www.xing.com/profile/Neil_Shorney
nsales.blogspot.com
twitter.com/nsales_co_uk

90 MG Maestro EFi
93 Vauxhall Nova 1.2i Spin
70 Morris Minor "Naomi"
96 Laguna 2.0 RT
05 Yamaha Cygnus X