Got any hints or tips? Share them here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar
MMOC Member: No

Parcel Shelf Light

Post by mike.perry »

Drill and fit a 2W marker light behind the seam under the middle of the glove box. Feed the live wire to the light from the little switch under the inst. panel and earth the light. It will provide adequate light to find things on the parcel shelf whilst the seam will prevent upward glare towards the driver.

For convertibles. Why has nobody fitted interior lights on the parcel shelf corner reinforcement panels? It seems like the ideal place<br>Image<br>
[sig]3580[/sig]
alanworland
Minor Legend

Post by alanworland »

Nice idea Mike, but it would show up my decomposing sound deadening material!!!
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

this and your previous post begs the question mike... are you afraid of the dark? :wink:
jaekl
Minor Addict

Post by jaekl »

I added a light to my convertible. However, I put it in the middle so some light could reach the back seat. I used an early style interior light and mounted it into a block of wood and used the ignition switch bolts to hold it. The instrument light switch is right in front of it.
Our first car was a 57 saloon, of course without door switches and then this convertible with no light. After I got the 59 saloon with door switches, the convertible just needed a light. Then I put a Midget interior light in the van and mounted onto the headliner tack strip on the body joint.
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

this and your previous post begs the question mike... are you afraid of the dark?
Just because I have twin fog lights wired into main beam on the MM and a light in the boot, and I intend fitting an interior light above the back doors of the Traveller when I get around to fitting the new head lining shouldn't mean you should jump to conclusions. Both cars also have reversing and rear fog lights and the Traveller has hazards
[sig]3580[/sig]
purplebargeken
Minor Fan

Post by purplebargeken »

I also find the small stick on LED lights to be quite useful for boot interiors. I've used them on the Triumph and my old Landy with good effect.

Ken