Got any hints or tips? Share them here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
katy
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Health warning regarding anti-freeze

Post by katy »

After reading rayofleamington's posting about brake cleaner, I thought I'd pass this along, received from a friend of mine in Oregon.

Ten years ago my truck sprung a leak on the heater core in Portland. It was cold, picked up a new core and decided to drive home ( aprox 100 miles) with the core leaking some, of coarse the heater was going. About seven miles from home I decided something was wrong with me and opened the windows. When I got home I could barely walk and could not dial the phone.
Daughter came home just then I told her to get me to the hospital, with her boyfriends help they got me into emergancy. The doctor asked me what was wrong I told him antifreeze inhaleing, he told me it had to be injested or through a cut, called poisen control twice and they agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not lift my foot, and was vomiting, after four hours of oxygen I could walk barely. The next day I went to NAPA and read the warnings on antifreeze If you INHALE it could be deadly---------------------------------took a gallen of it to the hospital for the doctor to read. Wonder how many people are driveing with leaking cores not warned even from poisen control.
Suns finally out here, hope all is well on your end!
Talk slow, think fast!