Got any hints or tips? Share them here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
timlyon
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Low cost carpet protection solution

Post by timlyon »

This week, for the third time in my life, I have re-carpeted a Minor. Not job I relish but satisfying when complete. Having lovely new carpets, the next problem is keeping them clean. A very cheap solution is to trot along to your local carpet supplier because they very often give away, or sell for very little, sample carpet squares. These are neatly bound around the edges and fit perfectly front and back. You can get squares made of very high quality carpet, the tricky bit is getting four the same colour! I have some everyday ones and some with a good colour match for 'best'.
Tim Lyon

"ROG"
www.newtricks.co.uk
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Re: Low cost carpet protection solution

Post by lambrettalad »

snap :D I aso use them under where my cat feeds as he uses his claws to pick food up ,and he is a little like me and forgets to pick things up :D
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
GeordieDave
Minor Fan

Post by GeordieDave »

If you want a mid-range option, you can have any shape piece of carpet bound in the same way as the samples by your local (decent) carpet shop and it as around 50p per foot where I live. Tailored mats for a tenner!
timlyon
Minor Friendly

Post by timlyon »

Now that is a seriously top tip. I will have to talk to the local carpet man. Thanks.
Tim Lyon

"ROG"
www.newtricks.co.uk