moggy repair/sevicing around hampshire

Got any hints or tips? Share them here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
kay keld
MMOC Member: No

moggy repair/sevicing around hampshire

Post by kay keld »

Having just purchased my pride and joy a1961 traveller i now need to find a good and reliable mechanic in and around the fareham hampshire area any recommendations out there?
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: moggy repair/sevicing around hampshire

Post by philthehill »

Welcome to the world of Minors.
Try http://www.hammoc.co.uk I am certain that the secretary will point you in the right direction of a reputable Minor repair business around Fareham.
The HAMMOC have regular branch meetings at the Queens Head, Fishers Pond. Details on the web link.
Hope to see you there. Happy motoring.
Regards
Phil

Matt
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: moggy repair/sevicing around hampshire

Post by Matt »

Kay

There are actually a few reasonable garages in the Fareham area! I used to deliver to most of them when I worked for a motorfactor (up behind the station).

For the few bits I need doing/second opinions I go to the one nearest me! Its Winkworths on Shirrell Heath High Street. The current owner has inherited it from his Dad, and trains apprentices (always a good thing in my opinion). Its a bit small, the yards messy but the guy knows what he is doing! He drives older landrovers and also ran around in an MGB. Its not unusual to see minors/classics there - I take my cars there for MOT. Enforces the rules quite strictly, but never unfairly. I have had repairs done there - but I tend to fix anything needed myself.

For tyres and basic bits and pieces I have taken various cars to Fastways (next to Aldi) - they are perfectly competant but I do prefer Winkworths. I used to go to Protyre for tyres/tracking as well - but I now do that all myself. I do know most of the garages in the Fareham/Gosport area so if you want an opinion on any particular one of them PM me ;).
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics