Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
MikeNash
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Thursday the 22nd of Sept Lidl airtools

Post by MikeNash »

What ho, chums!
Thought you ought to know that tomorrow Lidl will have for sale a compressor, airtools, airline and connectors.

See here, http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?id=947

Think I might go for the pneumatic angle grinder. Regards, MikeN.
Morris Minor, the car of the future. One day they will all look like this!
amgrave
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: Thursday the 22nd of Sept Lidl airtools

Post by amgrave »

You might want to think twice about the air angle grinder, they use a lot of air and unless your compressor can supply a lot of it you will have to keep stopping to wait for the compressor to catch up. I have got my eye on the windy spanner.

MikeNash
Minor Addict

Post by MikeNash »

Well Amgrave, I bought the angle grinder and I'll see how it goes. There's no guidance in the notes on its air consumption and I suspect that the compressor on offer at the same time and having a quoted delivery of 103 litres/min might struggle to keep it fed with air. Fortunately I bought the Lidl 170 litre/min (delivered air) machine that they had for sale couple of years ago; I'll see how that copes.
MikeN.
amgrave
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by amgrave »

I would like to know if your compressor can keep up, I have only used them with industrial type compressors and when running the compressor seems to work non stop. For best results and to make the grinder last longer it is best to run them with an in-line oiler but failing that stop every now and then and put a bit of air oil down the inlet. You will be surprised how fast it runs for a minute or two with the direct oil.

MikeNash
Minor Addict

Post by MikeNash »

Just seen in our brand new Adli store (in Andover ,north Hants) that they're doing air-tools and a compressor too. The latter seems to be the same as in Lidl i.e. 24 litre reservoir and 2.5 HP motor but I think it's a bit cheaper at £75 (hope I've remembered it correctly).

Also, Aldi have a remote ready infrared thermometer covering -50C to 380C for £12.99. Ideal for getting the temps of your hot exhaust manifold, gearbox, back axle, night sky, cat, house walls, etc. You name it, endless fun!

Regards, MikeN.