Oklahoma British Car Breakfast Club.....

Got any hints or tips? Share them here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Oklahoma British Car Breakfast Club.....

Post by geoberni »

Hi All
Hopefully this won't set off any 'Not Allowed' Warning Bells..... :-?

I stumbled across this website, which has some useful downloads in their Technical Library.
Out of print manuals such as :
"BMC Special Tuning Dept. – Midget/Sprite Special Tuning Manual 948 and 1098 Engines"

or maybe this might be useful to people having electrical problems....

"Lucas Generator and Control Box Tests"

https://britishcarbreakfastclub.com/technical-library/

For a bit of a laugh, read the posts in the conversation on the 'About' page.... :lol: :lol:
I have a friend with a 1954 MG Roadster which is not assembled and the only part missing is.....
Try and think of the end of the sentence ... :roll:
Basil the 1955 series II

Owlsman
Minor Fan

Re: Oklahoma British Car Breakfast Club.....

Post by Owlsman »

I have a friend with a 1954 MG Roadster which is not assembled and the only part missing is.....
I guessed 'chassis' or 'bodywork'....honest guv! Do I get a prize?
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

geoberni wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:02 pm Hopefully this won't set off any 'Not Allowed' Warning Bells..... :-?
Contrary to the widely held and oft repeated rumours, the MMOC aren't 'anti' any other car group of any type and have always been happy to encourage people to use whatever medium suits them. As an example, nobody threw a paddy about the MMO Facebook group coming to a National Rally and putting up a huge banner advertising their group. Conversely though there's another Facebook group right now whose admin has recently banned any links to places other than 'his' group, which is rather ironic as he populated his group by advertising it in other Facebook groups.
Back on topic - the only things that are 'not allowed' are blatant promotion of a trader (although recommendation of good service is absolutely fine as recent threads prove), and unsubstantiated negative reviews of traders (for MMOC members there is a procedure outlined in the magazine to complain about our advertisers, and if you're not a member of the MMOC then I'm afraid you'll have to find somewhere else to tell everyone that Fred Bloggs didn't deliver when he said he would!
All that said, do remember how long copyright lasts, it's not always as straightforward as you might think.
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Thanks for clarifying that Mike
It was of course the 'copyright' issue I wondered about, as for example, the Minor manual is still in print with a different publisher.
But the Minor Manual is widely available on the internet, not just this site.
It was some of the other links I thought might be of interest to people.

I'd completely forgotten that Austin even made the Gypsy..... :lol:
Basil the 1955 series II