"The Plank"

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
sidevalve
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by sidevalve »

Hi,
Does anybody remember this Hilarious little programme that screened quite a few years ago? It featured Eric Sykes, Arthur Lowe, Jimmy Edwards, a wooden plank and a MORRIS MINOR!
I've been trying to track down a Video copy for some time with no success.
Recently I came across a Video with the same title, same story, same gags but had Tommy Cooper playing the Arthur Lowe role, and a Morris 8 Series E instead of a Minor. Very enjoyable, but I'd still like to see the other version.
Any ideas ?

Cheers

Dave
newagetraveller
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by newagetraveller »

A very quick search suggests that:
Amazon.co.uk have the version with Tommy Cooper in PAL format.
Amazon.com have the version with Arthur Lowe in NTSC format.
This may be due to copyright differences between the UK and the USA.
Out of interest does NZ use NTSC or PAL?[ This Message was edited by: newagetraveller on 07-05-2002 10:46 ]
sidevalve
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by sidevalve »

Hi,

Thank you very much - I had overlooked the obvious (again)! I'm pleased to see that both versions are available. It's a pity that perhaps the Arthur Lowe version is only available in NTSC but although NZ uses PAL, VCR's that handle both PAL & NTSC have been available here for some years so I should be able to sort something out. Looking thru the cast list on amazon brought a smile - I'd forgotten many once well known names.
However, I'm amazed that it was released in 1967!! Doesn't time fly when you are having fun

Thank you again for your help.

Dave