SLF 867

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
benots
MMOC Member: No

SLF 867

Post by benots »

The restoration of my 1956 PO engineers van is at last approaching the point where I will need to re-register it and I would love to keep the original number, the van was examined by Mark Skillen of POHVC and the chassis number ( stamped into the bulkhead) confirms it's identity as SLF 867 originally allocated to Telephone Manager Swansea with serial number U78753. I have no original paperwork but I know that some minor enthusiasts collect and store log books, tax discs etc; I know it's a long shot but if anyone has anything at all relevant or knows anything of the history of this van I would love to hear from you

Benots
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Re: SLF 867

Post by ASL642 »

If you are a member of the MMOC you can get help with this from Rob Thomasson (Club Technical Advisor) His details are in Minor Matters - page 3.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

I've a copy of the tax disc, somewhere - is this the one from Kidwelly?

Take photos of both the Cab AND the Body number, provided these
match to the vehicle DVLA will re-issue registration.

Chris.Stevens
MINOReg
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
benots

Post by benots »

Thanks for the advice, yes I think it is the Kidwelly van, I have the chassis no; ( stamped in the bulkhead), there is also a long plate fixed to the bulkhead on the n/side this reads :- Z.20233 --------------P8119 are these numbers significant, there are no other numbers anywhere on the van but I was given an unattached plate when I bought it stamped :- BMB4926, as I purchased the van in a partially dismantled state with many smaller parts missing I do not have original key numbers, the engine & gearbox are not originals.

I have already spoken to Rob Thomasson who tells me that the DVLA would require photos to confirm identity numbers and some form of document connected to the vehicle (eg; log book, tax disc or MOT cert: ) I am not sure if a copy of a disc would be sufficient but it might help.
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Should also have an id tag on the n/s lower horizontal strut forward of the mudguard - behind spare wheel on normal vans.

These are the simplest Minor's to authenticate as chassis/cab/body numbers were consecutive and there were ONLY 2 varients in ONE separate series - cannot understand what the problem is with this(?).

Have a margin of "5" on GPO cab/body numbers, so theoretically - yet to view it though - V765 pass should be easy.

I'm sure Rob or Mark can deal with this, but if you DO need assistance, feel free to contact me.

Chris
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!