hs4 conversion help!

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
dorisandjack
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

hs4 conversion help!

Post by dorisandjack »

hi all, currently doing the common hs4 conversion on my 1.1 Doris, I've got everything ready to go besides exhaust. now I know I can go for the LCB but due to financial issues (as per) this isn't going to be in the pipeline for a while, what other exhaust manifold can I use with the mini inlet?
panky
Minor Legend

Re: hs4 conversion help!

Post by panky »

Not done it myself yet but you can separate the exhaust side of the manifold with a hacksaw in the 'hot spot' being careful not to cut too far back so ending up with an open end.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

An LCB is not at all suitable for a standard 1098 engine. Just cut the inlet off and continue to use the standard exhaust manifold and system. What inlet manifold are you using?
ImageImage
dorisandjack
Minor Friendly

Post by dorisandjack »

ah I'm excited measure once cut twice right? yeah I have heard the LCB bore is too large for stock, cams will be done eventually along with many other things, I have the water heated mini inlet, I've heard not plumbing it up is best though..
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Up to you...plumb in may be best for fuel consumption... but then so would staying with the small carb in the first place....
ImageImage