Any Yorkshire / Leeds / Bradford Members ?

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Adam_B
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Any Yorkshire / Leeds / Bradford Members ?

Post by Adam_B »

Hello there,
First post !
We are hoping to purchase our first morris before the summer and have an eye on this one on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1968-Morris-M ... 4ae1e3b38d

I know its been listed on there for a while but seems a good price.

I just wondered if anyone happens to know of it or have seen it in the garage where its currently sitting ?

We are off to have a look at it but to be honest I'm far from an expert, I've checked the new buyer tips on here but any further hints or tips really appreciated.

Thanks !
chrisrickmts
Minor Friendly

Re: Any Yorkshire / Leeds / Bradford Members ?

Post by chrisrickmts »

Hello

Don't even bother to turn up, this car is far from the mark, especially in that price range, there are so many items not right, can't begin to imagine what the engine and underside are ike. Please remember, it would be much safer and wiser to contact either myself, as we are the official club Vehicle Valuers for the country, or one of our other club memebers, who will be willing to go with you, as and and when you decide.

Best Regards

Richard & Christine Lee
MMOC Official Club Valuers, International Concours Managers, event coordinaters.
SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by SteveClem »

I agree. Very odd that there are no photos of engine or underside of the car. Much better ones come up for sale on here regularly for less money.
Adam_B
Minor Friendly

Post by Adam_B »

SteveClem wrote:I agree. Very odd that there are no photos of engine or underside of the car. Much better ones come up for sale on here regularly for less money.
chrisrickmts wrote:Hello

Don't even bother to turn up, this car is far from the mark, especially in that price range, there are so many items not right, can't begin to imagine what the engine and underside are ike. Please remember, it would be much safer and wiser to contact either myself, as we are the official club Vehicle Valuers for the country, or one of our other club memebers, who will be willing to go with you, as and and when you decide.

Best Regards

Richard & Christine Lee
MMOC Official Club Valuers, International Concours Managers, event coordinaters.
Thanks for the advice

On closer scrutiny I noticed that the front end looks to have had some rather crude welding on it which was enough to put me off going to see it !

The search continues !

Thanks again
chesney
Minor Legend
Location: Le Tronquay, nr Bayeux, en France - Pop in for a cuppa!

Post by chesney »

Are you local to Leeds yourself?
If so, why not join the Leeds branch? You'll get all the advice you need, maybe get to sit in a few members cars and see which you like. Perhaps one of their members will accompany you to view a potential buy?
They meet on the first Wednesday of every month at the Gaping Goose Inn, Garforth. Google 'MMOC Leeds Branch' for more info.