425 TLE (TILLEY)

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
mad-4-moggywhite-1
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

425 TLE (TILLEY)

Post by mad-4-moggywhite-1 »

Hello

I would love to know where Tilley is now. I have checked on Dvla and she is still taxed until 2016.

I owned her about 14 years ago and sold her after a good few years of enjoyment driving and owning her and doing the Black Mountain Classic Car Rally in her ( South Wales) she put in an awesome performance!

I now own 2 more Morries who I also love dearly but Tilley will always have a special place in my heart as she was the first Morris Minor I ever owned sparking a love affair that will stand the test of time!!
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Re: 425 TLE (TILLEY)

Post by POMMReg »

TLE 425?

425 FLE Scottish postal van

Don't think London reversed TLE - not standard issue anyway - stopped at GLE?
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
busguy
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by busguy »

POMMReg wrote:TLE 425?

Don't think London reversed TLE - not standard issue anyway - stopped at GLE?
TLE 425 is listed on DVLA site. Feb 1957 registered black 948cc Minor. 425 TLE is not listed, and as far as I know never has been issued.
mad-4-moggywhite-1
Minor Fan

Hello there

Thanks POMMReg and bus guy for your replies.

My husband accidentally put the registration number in the wrong way around! She is TLE 425. Busguy yes she is listed on the website and I just wondered where she is now. Hopefully the current owner may see this I will contact the MMOC team to see if they are members.
mad-4-moggywhite-1
Minor Fan

Re: TLE 425

Hello again

Quick update Tilley's owners are members of the MMOC and the office is going to contact them to see if they would like to get in touch with me. Thanks for your help POMMReg and busguy much appreciated.
busguy
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: TLE 425

Post by busguy »

mad-4-moggywhite-1 wrote:Hello again

Quick update Tilley's owners are members of the MMOC and the office is going to contact them to see if they would like to get in touch with me. Thanks for your help POMMReg and busguy much appreciated.
Your comments are appreciated. We like to help if we can.
mad-4-moggywhite-1
Minor Fan

Further update on Tilley.

Great news!

The owners have since got in touch with me. I have spoken to Tilley's new owner on the phone and she has forwarded to me some pics of her whilst they were on tour in Europe. It was SO good to see her again. I also sent them a pic of me in the old girl when I owned her and was just about to set off for the local Classic Car Rally.

I have left the door open for re-purchase of my first ever Morrie if they ever decide to sell her but I'm just happy to see that she is still out there being driven.

Good luck to all others searching for their never forgotten Minors!
mad-4-moggywhite-1
Minor Fan

Re: Ever been re-united?

Hello everyone,

I Just wanted to share my good news with you all that I have been re-united with my beloved Tilley. I bought her off her previous owners yesterday (traced via the MMOC office) after they contacted me to inform me that they were selling her and were honouring their word in allowing me first refusal. I am thrilled to have the old girl back in my life she was my very first ever Morris Minor and I always regretted selling her, so to actually have the car back is amazing really as it is years since I owned her and well, anything could have happened to her in that time.

She is in relatively good condition, but the real bonus is that her previous owners have recently replaced the floor using a professional Morris Minor restorer. Internally she is still all original but her headlining has been badly torn it looks like someone has been using her as a bit of a workhorse at some stage, but her engine sings just like I remember her (948cc) and she got me all the way home from Derby to South Wales yesterday no problem at all.

I would be interested to know of anyone else's experiences of being re-united with Moggies they previously owned.
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

Excellent news, nice happy ending :D
Have you agreed to sell it back to the previous owner when the time comes :wink:
mad-4-moggywhite-1
Minor Fan

Ha ha! no Panky my children will inherit her whether they like it or not! :) Actually my husband's response to my pledge yesterday that I will never part with her again was shall we bury you in her!! Charming!! I'm pondering that one.... :roll: he has suggested a funeral pyre 'Viking style' only thing is she wouldn't float and I'm not sure I fancy a watery grave. :o
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Sadly not reunited with my first Almond green 2dr BUT whilst browsing Morris Minor spares at a 3 Counties show in Malvern 4 years ago there was her boot complete with her registration plate! This has now been resprayed and fitted to my convertible. So a little bit of Miriam Morris goes with me every time I go out in the convertible :lol:

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
mad-4-moggywhite-1
Minor Fan

Oh my goodness! That is so sad!! My husband burst out laughing when he read it!! I'm embarrassed to say! :oops: I didn't! you poor thing! what a shock! but I think what you did was a great idea and yes you were meant to be re-united with a bit of her at least so that is better than nothing :) Apologies for my husband he has a black sense of humour :evil:
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

:lol: Don't worry I exchanged her for my Traveller in 2001 and the Traveller will never leave. My family have joked about me being buried in her! :lol:

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
mad-4-moggywhite-1
Minor Fan

Re:TLE 425 (TILLEY)

Ah! oh I feel better now you have told me that, yes I can't explain why these cars get under our skin so much, I guess it is just everything about them really from the cute 'poached egg' shape, to the smell, to the sound of the engine... I could go on forever really but I know that I have no need to because we all feel the same. Happy days!! :lol: 8)