"6" designation

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
RussLCV
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: "6" designation

Post by RussLCV »

nothing said my side..............only evidence of arrogance is all yours Busguy
Last edited by RussLCV on Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russell Harvey
Minor LCV Register Historian
Freelance Motoring Journalist
http://www.Minorlcvreg.co.uk

SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by SteveClem »

Honest opinions, you all seem like really nice chaps...make friends again over a (virtual) pint?
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Have said "Thanks" to Russ via email - if ALL Clubs work TOGETHER, life, certainly mine, would be a lot easier!

Thanks, Russ.

Feel a bit ashamed here, should have figured this out YEARS ago!!

To sum up; 1st number
"5" = CKD.
2nd denoted; "1" = RHD (NOT exclusively Hm.Mkt), "3" = LHD & "5" = CKD finish/Primer(?)

From 12/56 - 10/62 "6".

However, several "53's" in Oz, which cannot be correct - gets worse - as daft as giving a diary to a Goldfish.

If you can please get the cab number from that "OG" DOMI and confirm those Chile LCVs have vins higher than 50001, most appreciative!

thanks Russ.

Chris
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
busguy
Minor Addict

Post by busguy »

Well done Chris!

If you read back in the discussion you can make your own minds up. I hope everyone can see that all I was trying to do in commenting, was mediating to get an eventual result in my own sweet northern way. :wink:

It is easy to accept the situation you are reading about and walk away, but usually it all blows up about perception, entrenched views, and the past, so I did comment to help open up the discussion, and then hopefully common sense would prevail for the benefit of all. Apologies to anyone that found my comments didn't help.

I just want Chris to get his long awaited info book finished! 8)
RussLCV
Minor Legend

Post by RussLCV »

Chris not sure I go along with the 53 scenario. Can't see the Nuffield system being changed for a few. We know 6 was used but take the early Domi van one would have expected to be CKD but clearly is a 35. But realistically had it been a CKD 65 would have been order

53 in oz in my my opinion is correct as intended not over complicated ad you suggest

My views only based on what we know

The last I shall say on the matter
Russell Harvey

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Hold my head in shame....DUH!

3 pages of twaddle from me - I do tend to over analyse these things - sometimes it works,sometimes, such as in this case, it doesn't, forgot painting was done AFTER assembly....award me 100 Pillock points please!

So, if you can confirm age of those Chilli vans are pre/post 49801 please Russ, AND can contact the owner of the DOMI van(?).

Eagerly await answers from Russ!

Cheers

Mr.Idiot
RussLCV
Minor Legend

Post by RussLCV »

As I said the last I shall say on the matter
Russell Harvey

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

RussLCV wrote:As I said the last I shall say on the matter

It DOES seem like you're doing your level best to hinder the progression of the book - life's too much of a hastle for me at the moment - all I seem to do is battle to get information, and when someone DOES have the ability to help they cannot be bothered to answer questions....so looks increasingly likely book will be aborted.

Thanks Russ, glad I helped with both your books!
RussLCV
Minor Legend

Post by RussLCV »

Sorry..... thought I had helped? As I said they were my opinions in the posting its up to you if you agree or not.

Not sure why you have made the comments you have, if you think the 53 is something else that your opinion I only offered my view

Why is the book being aborted! Because of 2 vans in Chile and one in Denmark, sadly I have no e mail contact with the guy in Chile for over 10 years and the van in Denmark, not what you require on that. Thought you had all you wanted
Russell Harvey

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

RussLCV wrote:Sorry..... thought I had helped? As I said they were my opinions in the posting its up to you if you agree or not.

Not sure why you have made the comments you have, if you think the 53 is something else that your opinion I only offered my view

Why is the book being aborted! Because of 2 vans in Chile and one in Denmark, sadly I have no e mail contact with the guy in Chile for over 10 years and the van in Denmark, not what you require on that. Thought you had all you wanted
First 2 digits of Chile LCV chassis numbers AND a few minutes emailing the owner of the DOMI van - surely have a name/address contact - must have a "contact" who'll know?

Book needs tidying tbh - "53" thing a red herring - have to investigate everything, this takes an awful lot of time!

If you can dig that info out for me - not THAT much of an effort required - remember, as the LCV guru, would of thought you'd be willing to assist with LCV based enquiries(?)

Thanks Russ
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Come on Chris, you could go on forever finding information. What you have already would create enough interest to make this book feasible. As long as the British lcv stuff is there, of course!! :D

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

les wrote:Come on Chris, you could go on forever finding information. What you have already would create enough interest to make this book feasible. As long as the British lcv stuff is there, of course!! :D
Do get the impression EVERYTHING'S against it - fighting and begging for info is exhausting - Russ' list would aid me enormously, but since taking on Civvy LCVs, help hasn't been forthcoming.

I'll probably do a few printed copies for LCV fans.
RussLCV
Minor Legend

Post by RussLCV »

I know what you are saying Les!!!

I note how the attitude change Chris and teddies are thrown out, you need to re-read my last posting

I said I have no contact with the LCVs in Chile for over 10 years.

The DOMI............... as I said not sure what we require I have all the details on this one. WHAT DO YOU REQUIRE ON THE DOMI

The owner of the DOMI is known to me I can e mail him with with your details if you wish in order he can contact you I think it would be wrong to supply his details without his permission likewise yours without your permission.
Russell Harvey

RussLCV
Minor Legend

Post by RussLCV »

POMMReg wrote:
les wrote:Come on Chris, you could go on forever finding information. What you have already would create enough interest to make this book feasible. As long as the British lcv stuff is there, of course!! :D
Do get the impression EVERYTHING'S against it - fighting and begging for info is exhausting - Russ' list would aid me enormously, but since taking on Civvy LCVs, help hasn't been forthcoming.

I'll probably do a few printed copies for LCV fans.
Not Russ' list its the Minor LCV Register, same details held by MMOC, Our listing includes reg numbers chassis numbers. locations, name and address hence whys its no longer published. Not going over old ground with this
Russell Harvey

RussLCV
Minor Legend

Post by RussLCV »

For Info Chris

BMC awarded licences to three different companies in Chile to produce Minors production started 1962 and ceased during 1964 and in the same year began to assemble other BL vehicles. They even were marketing Minors under the Austin name well before the badged as such in the UK. Over 500 LCVs were assembled!

The 3 licence holders were EMSSA, even built quarter tons as Austin's, Compañía Anglo-Chilena also built saloons, and the last Industría Anglo-Americana managed 6 pick ups before closing in 1962

I have e mailed a complete list of production figures by e mail
Russell Harvey

RussLCV
Minor Legend

Post by RussLCV »

Holland as I said must have produced '6' as the picture shows series II commercials being built in Holland

Yet to find a LCV survivor easily to ID has special glass I have a photo somewhere that I took but never shows up too well
Photo courtesy Russ Harvey Collection
Russell Harvey

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Chris ' a few copies for lcv fans' would be most welcome!

RussLCV
Minor Legend

Post by RussLCV »

A little surprised by the lack of comments
Russell Harvey

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Apols Russ, awaiting DOMI info, see it the "13000" theory works out - if anything like the "53",it won't!!

Thanks SO much for help!
RussLCV
Minor Legend

Post by RussLCV »

No worries Chris I know I had e mail from you just the lack of comments by anyone....unless if course everyone else bar us 2 know all of this

Happy Christmas all[frame]Image[/frame]
Russell Harvey