Lost Morris Minor 1000 Index 728UMM

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
MysterE
MMOC Member: No

Lost Morris Minor 1000 Index 728UMM

Post by MysterE »

Having had discussions with the DVLA, they have informed me that the vehicle with the Registration number 728UMM is not on their records as ever being scrapped or indeed if it exists. I owned the vehicle in 1967 to 69 and in those days it was white with red upholstery, but had some minor modifications such as Servo assisted brakes, Jaguar rear light clusters replacing the idiot sticks and the motor had been tuned and fitted with a Webber twin choke. The DVLA seem to think that as they have no record of this Minor ever being scrapped that it may well be laying in a barn or some ones shed. Does anyone know of its whereabouts please, I would love to purchase the car with a view to refurbishing or if it is beyond economical repair to resurrect the number on another Minor.
busguy
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Lost Morris Minor 1000 Index 728UMM

Post by busguy »

March/April 1959 issued.
Doesn't look too hopeful, as reg number not shown as being on any other vehicle either on the congestion charge system.
Car could be stored in a garage or barn, or reg number is held on retention so does not show on DVLA vehicle records.
MysterE
MMOC Member: No

Re: Lost Morris Minor 1000 Index 728UMM

Post by MysterE »

Yes that's exactly what I keep coming up with. The DVLA have told me though that should the number appear on their records for any reason they will notify me, so thus I am clutching at straws in the hope that someone might just happen to know something. You never know if you don't ask. Thanks for the reply by the way all help is appreciated.