Anyone know Mr Grey?

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
qwerty165
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Anyone know Mr Grey?

Post by qwerty165 »

This is an extremely long shot but worth a try never the less. I am trying to trace the history of a 1953 series two cheesegrater four door. It no longer has its original number and the only piece of paper found in the car is a receipt from WYKO bearings Lye. The receipt is dated for the 05.05.1982 and it has the name of Mr Grey and states that cash was paid on collection. So does anyone know of a Mr Grey who may have owned a 1953 Morris Minor in 1982.

irmscher
Minor Legend

Re: Anyone know Mr Grey?

Post by irmscher »

Maybe he was a member of the local MMOC worth trying :)
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
If you contact the DVLA (in writing) they will provide you with a complete breakdown of for owners, when the registration was changed (including what her original registration was) etc.
I did this for Abby and found the pile of information they replied with extremely informative. I would do the same with Olwyn but her coming from Austalia means the UK history would be extremely short and not go back to the beginning like Abby's history did.
Good luck with your search.
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
qwerty165
Minor Addict

Post by qwerty165 »

Thank you for the replies.
irmscher wrote:Maybe he was a member of the local MMOC worth trying :)
I had not thought of that, I will certainly give it a go.
jagnut66 wrote:If you contact the DVLA (in writing) they will provide you with a complete breakdown of for owners, when the registration was changed (including what her original registration was) etc.
I did try with the DVLA but they were only able to return information on the new registration number. As it seems the car was off the road for a fair length of time during which it seems to have lost its original number and so was reregistered on an age related plate.

SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

I guess if Mr Grey is still around it may be a long shot expecting him to remember much about the car after 35 years. :-?
qwerty165
Minor Addict

Post by qwerty165 »

True, but anything is better than the nothing that I have at the moment.