GDL 452D and LEN 122

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Carrie
MMOC Member: No

GDL 452D and LEN 122

Post by Carrie »

Hello all, we've just become the proud owners of an Isle of Wight registered Morris Minor and we'd love to find out as much as possible about her. We will be ordering her heritage papers from Gaydon and joining the owners' club. She's currently SORN and needs some work done to get her through her MOT. Once that is done and she's roadworthy we can think about the rest of her restoration. Registration is GDL 452D.

Second query I don't hold out much hope. My dad's first car, which he bought in 1963, was a black Morris Minor registration LEN 122. He rebored it for rallying with the IAM. I've tried in the past to trace with no luck, so presume it's been scrapped long ago. I'd love to know its fate.[frame]Image[/frame]
Gilesv
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: GDL 452D and LEN 122

Post by Gilesv »

Good to see an Island car still on the Island! Have you joined the Island Branch of the MMOC yet? If not, you should receive a warm welcome.
Carrie
MMOC Member: No

Post by Carrie »

We certainly plan to join (only got her this evening :D ). We couldn't believe it when we saw her advertised. Especially as she's an Island car I hope we can find out more about her history.
busguy
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by busguy »

Hi Carrie, You're probably right in thinking LEN 122 is long gone. The car doesn't show on the DVLA site, and the registration number is not shown as current on any vehicle, on the London congestion charging site. Only hope is that it has been slumbering away somewhere in a barn and will turn up one day.
Enjoy your Minor, it looks a good one!
To me, some island roads are not kind to suspension so check that area carefully, as well as the usual places for rust.