Whereabouts of HCO405

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
firedrake1942
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Whereabouts of HCO405

Post by firedrake1942 »

circa1965
circa1965
neddy.jpeg (54.66 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
Has anyone seen HCO 405 1952 (?) Almond green Series II convertible called Neddy., brown hood Last seen in Herts in 1970 when my father sold it as we were going to live in Germany and the Germans wouldn't let it on the roads over there! Personally I thing they held a grudge about some argument between 1939 and 1945.!

It was extensively welded as my dad worked for BOC and had a gas welding set in the garage. His first repair was all that was holding all the others on but it still carried 17 children at one point and gave me my first taste of driving a minor at aged 8 when my dad took the sump out driving off-road on Salisbury plain. Happy days. I have a photo of it and me on my first day at school in Holtspur, Bucks. Interestingly (or not, depending on your perspective) there is another Series II saloon in the picture parked up the road.

No trace of it on the DVLA database so either sat in a garage /barn/ shed / field and not declared SORN or it has gone to the great Minor playground in the sky. Would be nice to know tho !

I would post a pic but have no clue how !

jm