Black Series 2 - PKR589

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Black Series 2 - PKR589

Post by palacebear »

Just wondering if anyone knows the whereabouts of PKR589, a black 2-door saloon. According to the DVLA database it is currently taxed.
It belonged to acquaintances of mine who lived near Bexleyheath in Kent, and whom I long ago lost contact with. I last saw the car in 1991 or 1992. It had spent a long time shut up in their garage and looked rather sorry for itself. The owners moved to Shropshire around 1994. I don't know if they sold the car before they moved, after they moved, or if indeed they kept it themselves.
The car had a couple of distinguishing features, namely rear wing wheel-spats, and a seemingly huge valve radio set, both fitted when the car was new.
1956 4-door called Max
alexandermclaren
Minor Addict

Re: Black Series 2 - PKR589

Post by alexandermclaren »

Yes and it is also insured as shown on the MID insurance data base
So its possible that its on the road somewhere?

palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

Looks quite likely and I hope so! When I knew the car it belonged to my mate's dad. He'd inherited it from his dad who'd bought it new. It had been garaged and unused for a long time. The rear wing joins were paper-thin. As my mate and his parents had three BMC 'Farina' cars and a Rover P5 as well, the Moggie was largely ignored. My mate's parents (last known in Shrewsbury area around 1993) would be in their 80's by now. They may still have it I suppose. The guy who used to do much of their car repairs now also lives in Shropshire not too far from Telford. He would probably be in his 60's now. I'm wondering if he's responsible for restoring the car...? I believe he currently edits the club mag for the Cambridge-Oxford Owners Club. If any COOC members read this, perhaps they could ask the question.
1956 4-door called Max
olderisbetter
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by olderisbetter »

If you have time try 192.com If they have an unusual name you might be lucky, Or sometimes two names at the same address can help, I am not a stalker i just used to do a stalky job. 192.com is the online version of what was the UKinfo cd that had most of the UK register of voters.