Tech Tips

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Tech Tips

Post by philthehill »

Is the Tech Tips CD still available - the hard copy or on the message board?
I have one of the early hard copies but both CD, hard copy and message board tech tips do not appear to feature - are they hiding somewhere else?
Phil

myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Re: Tech Tips

Post by myoldjalopy »

Hi Phil
Several months ago I asked one of the moderators about the Tech Tips area of the web site and she confirmed it had not been uploaded to the new site. I think she was going to ask Cam about at the National the next day, but I never heard any more and I have a feeling that Cam isn't a moderator now anyway.
I would have thought the CD should be available from the club, although I haven't seen it advertised in the magazine for a while. Try emailing Rob Thomasson, the club's technical adviser: rob.thomasson@mmoc.org.uk
Cheers,
Pete
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Pete
Many thanks for the reply.
I have sent Rob Thomasson a 'e' mail and I await to see what he says.
Tech Tips was & is a very valuable tool for Morris Minor owners.
My original 1987 hard copy covers a multitude of subjects and covers possibly more than the current issue and no CAD drawings back then - all pen and ink illustrations.
Phil

BrianHawley
Minor Fan
Location: Yanbu Al-Sinaiyah, Saudi Arabia (temporary posting)

Post by BrianHawley »

Hope they bring it back Phil.

It was useful on the old board.
Brian

Image "Jodie". '67 Traveller, 1275, discs, suspension mods etc.
Propshaft
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by Propshaft »

Yes I agree it was really useful, I used it quite a lot . Will it ever return ?
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Just been looking through my hard copy of Tech Tips and there are instructions on how to make a tool for the beehive rear brake shoe springs :D , brake pipe unions, front suspension details and several articles relating to recently asked and frequently repeated questions on here so it is important to reinstate and re-issue in whatever medium.
Phil

philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

I have had a reply from Rob Thomasson and his advice is to contact the MMOC office which I will do next week after the New Year break.

firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

Good luck with that !!!
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

I have just finished speaking with the MMOC office in Derby and they still have the CD of Tech Tips available for sale even though not listed in the merchandise section or as far as I can see anywhere else :-?
Tech Tips CD can therefore be ordered direct from MMOC at Derby (details on the merchandise section of the Home Page).
Phil

firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

What a shower !
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

Thanks for checking that out Phil. I wonder if the CD has more info than the 1987 hard copy you mention? One would assume it would be added to over the years. I have a 1989 hard copy version, which I guess is pretty similar to yours. Don't know why it is not on this website though, as there was a Tech Tips section on the old one. As I mentioned, I did try and find out, to no avail, unfortunately......
firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

The content of this post was removed, because it was childish, irrelevant, and offensive. Please don't continue this course of action, as we both know where it will lead. Thanks

MMOC Webmaster
Last edited by firedrake1942 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fingolfin
Minor Legend

Post by Fingolfin »

On a related note, something that's been helpful to me in my Datsun adventure is a tech wiki, which is overflowing with obscure technical details, OEM part numbers, recommendations on modern parts, guidance on mods, etc.
http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki ... cyclopedia

It'd be an awfully big project, but perhaps a few of us would be interested in constructing a Morris Minor wiki, incorporating the knowledge in Tech Tips and more?
The way to a man's heart may be making food, but the way to my heart is buying me car parts!
Come read about my Minor at An American Moggie.

philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Having looked at the link above it would be a big job if similar was produced for the Morris Minor.
Personally I consider that there is enough detail posted on here and enough subscribed knowledge contained within the Morris Minor Owners Club website (including posted links to other web sites) to answer the majority of questions asked.
The web is also a marvelous tool and also covers a multitude of Morris Minor problems.
Having all the details does not make it any easier to resolve issues.
There is also no point in re-inventing the wheel.
Phil

ianmack
Minor Addict

Post by ianmack »

Phil, pm sent. Ian