SNX 373 G

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Shropshiremoggie
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

SNX 373 G

Post by Shropshiremoggie »

Trying to trace saloon SNX 373 G for a friend . It was their first car and they would like to repurchase it if possible ! The vehicle is on the Gov. website so its out there somewhere !!!
geoberni
Minor Legend

Re: SNX 373 G

Post by geoberni »

Shropshiremoggie wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:46 pm The vehicle is on the Gov. website so its out there somewhere !!!
Nice thought, but it hasn't been taxed since 1991.

My Series II has in the not too recent past been fitted with 2x drop glass and a quarter light from an E Reg, I know this because the Reg No was etched into the glass; I suspect the 2 doors were simply swapped over.
I've replaced the 1/4 light, but I'm reluctant to spend out for replacement drop glass just yet. I'm going to try etching over the numbers first to see how noticeable it is.
That donor car is still showing on the DVLA too and it was due it's Road Tax in 2009, a lot more recently that your example.

Your car may simply be a 'Barn Find in Waiting', but I'm afraid it was most likely broken up many years ago.

Berni
Basil the 1955 series II

Shropshiremoggie
Minor Legend

Thanks for comments and info. You are probably right , like so many , lost forever . Thanks again .
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

Inclined to agree with geobernie. My Traveller, which went to the scrap yard in 1987 is still on the DVLA database. Info shows untaxed since September '87 and MOT due August '87.
1956 4-door called Max
Shropshiremoggie
Minor Legend

Thanks PB , it belonged to a neighbour of mine many years ago and she was keen to trace it and ( hopefully ) purchase it .
Again I think you are correct , its gone forever and it has not been deleted from the data base .