Anyone know the whereabouts of 2 door minor, NCG 209F?

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Siturn
MMOC Member: No

Anyone know the whereabouts of 2 door minor, NCG 209F?

Post by Siturn »

Wondering if my old rose taupe 2 door minor is out there somewhere.
I bought it as a resto project in 2006, stripped it and did some welding, then realised I wouldn’t get it back on the road due to other commitments. I sold it a couple of years ago to a couple of guys in Tiverton who got it back on the road. I believe it ended up being sold through a classic car auction site in Oxfordshire.
I’d be interested to know what’s become of it since.
I’ve got some interesting photos of it during resto!
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Anyone know the whereabouts of 2 door minor, NCG 209F?

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
The good news is that it is currently taxed, described as a 'brown' Morris Minor 1098cc from April 1968.
However you won't get the DVLA to help you contact the owner these days (since the dehumanisation of their service you'll have enough trouble trying to contact them).
The Practical Classics mag used to have a 'where are they now' column, so you could try contacting them with a view to putting an article in the mag.
Failing that you could try the social media sites......
Good luck.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)