Minor pickups

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Minor pickups

Post by philthehill »

Does anyone have any information on the following Minor pickups. Are they still about even if needing restoration?

Reg: PPA 443. Split screen pickup.

Reg: ROT 39. Full screen pickup.

All information greatly appreciated.

Phil

les
Minor Maniac

Re: Minor pickups

Post by les »

Phil, I have a ‘booklet’ of known survivors at 2001 (lcv’s) from here and abroad. I have looked through and although there are many pages listed, unfortunately the reg numbers you quote are not there. Whether since 2001 they have been unearthed I can’t help you with.

philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Les
Many thanks for the reply.
The two pickups in question were owned by my neighbour. This morning he showed me a photograph of him and the split screen pickup.
The way he was talking he would like to have one of them back in his ownership if possible.
Phil

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

I would think they are long gone since neither show up on the DVLA database.
One of my past vehicles still shows, despite being Untaxed since 1992, so to not appear at all would mean being 'off the grid' for at least 30 years I would imagine...
Basil the 1955 series II

MCYorks
Minor Fan

Post by MCYorks »

philthehill wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:59 am Does anyone have any information on the following Minor pickups. Are they still about even if needing restoration?

Reg: PPA 443. Split screen pickup.

Reg: ROT 39. Full screen pickup.

All information greatly appreciated.
Reg: ROT 39 was issued around March 1957, while Reg: PPA 443 was issued late 1950 / early 1951. Which seems odd, because I thought the pickup was only launched in October 1953. Either way, both vehicles would have been over 20 years old by the time DVLA were taking things over in the late 1970s, and commercials tend to have a hard life. My guess is they were probably scrapped by the early 1970s, but you never know, there are still are some amazing finds even nowadays :wink:
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

les wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:40 pm Phil, I have a ‘booklet’ of known survivors at 2001 (lcv’s) from here and abroad. I have looked through and although there are many pages listed, unfortunately the reg numbers you quote are not there. Whether since 2001 they have been unearthed I can’t help you with.
Checked POMMReg's database - despite listing 75k odd LCVs - entries only include vehicles where Chassis nos are known, which isn't much good.

If there were, approx. 327227 built, and 75k known what's the percentage.....?
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

It was a start, just trying to help. No better luck even with a comprehensive database then?