Traveller history XLL 428G

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
leafie
MMOC Member: Yes

Traveller history XLL 428G

Post by leafie »

Hi all,

I would like to trace the history of my traveller XLL 428G which I acquired from the Chesterfield area, the previous owner had it 9 years and apparently purchased it from the Derby area. However I think the plate is a London one, does anybody know any history of the car or how I could find out.

Thanks,

Leafie :D
rayofleamington
MMOC Member: No

Post by rayofleamington »

The DVLA will give you a list of previous owners and their address.
It has cost £5 in the past, however due to DVLA 20% inflation per week* it now probably cost more. I guess you could phone them to check (be prepared to spend 30 minutes fighting with the electronic answering system before pressing the correct random sequence of numbers** that get you through to a human)

* - all intended in the best possible humourous way ;-)
** I love DVLA really - I just don't let anyone know it.
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

I think the fee is still £5. I wrote to them 2 months ago, enclosing a cheque for £5 and they cashed it 6 weeks ago. I am still waiting for details of my cars history though, so be prepared for a long wait :cry:
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Hi,
Good old DVLA, I only recieved my documentation last week after a 3 month wait.
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/wrightk196/mog.jpg[/img][img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/wrightk196/mog1.jpg[/img]
EDY 575E
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

My last dealing with them was trying to get a replacement driving licence. That took them 14 months...
TerryG
Minor Fan

Post by TerryG »

It has taken me 3 months to get a VSA test date out of them so I am not overly impressed with the service. You are right though, they bank your cheque within 10 seconds of recieving it! if their customer service was as efficient as their accounts department then it would be the best in the worls :wink:
"The answer to the Ultimate Question... Of Life, the Universe and Everything..." said Deep Thought. "Is..." said Deep Thought, and paused. "Is... Forty-two," said Deep Thought.
leafie

Post by leafie »

The DVLA will give you a list of previous owners and their address.
It has cost £5 in the past, however due to DVLA 20% inflation per week* it now probably cost more. I guess you could phone them to check (be prepared to spend 30 minutes fighting with the electronic answering system before pressing the correct random sequence of numbers** that get you through to a human)
Had a look at the DVLA web site and it still says £5.00 fee is payable for a cars owner history so I will send my £5.00 and wait and wait and see what comes back.

Leafie :roll:

PS Thanks to Cam for sorting my pictures hope you like the car.
I'm realy pleased with it after looking for nearly a year and those of you who told me to be patient and find the right car were giving good advice. :D
leafie

Post by leafie »

Had a look at the DVLA web site and it still says £5.00 fee is payable for a cars owner history so I will send my £5.00 and wait and wait and see what comes back.
Well their accounts section is working ok! Cashed the cheque five days from posting but no info yet.

Leafie :o
leafie

Post by leafie »

Well their accounts section is working ok! Cashed the cheque five days from posting but no info yet.

Leafie :o
Still nothing back yet. Does anybody have any idea how long the DVLA take to send this type of info ?