Languishing in a garage in Barry

Found a Minor in a scrapyard? Let us all know about it and exactly where it can be found.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
silloyd
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Languishing in a garage in Barry

Post by silloyd »

Spotted at Griff's Garage, Broad Street, Barry, South Wales (01446 742 752).

Looks in a pretty sorry state:
[frame]Image[/frame]

That's as much as I know, didn't have time to ask after it, sorry.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Xog and I am from Adderley Park. Greetings earth people...take me to your leaded.

customjob
Minor Fan

Re: Languishing in a garage in Barry

Post by customjob »

10 mins down the road for me. Have seen it resting there for years, never had or passing the wrong time of day to ask will have to make a more positive approach and enquire, this week. Looks better than the one sitting 15 feet in the air on Llandow estate.

customjob
Minor Fan

Post by customjob »

Passing by today had time to spare so popped in. A very sorry state indeed, from what i could see it'll need a full structual rebuild chassis poss ok, but wouldn't even bother trying to get the owner to part with it told the chap who owns it i had money available to buy it today. I'm open to offers he said, start me at a £1000 and we'll go from there. Not a chance i said and walked out the door. The guy is on a different plant if he want's to start at a grand.

Pikey
Minor Fan

Post by Pikey »

I know that car well, he used to have a pair of white ones actually, the other car had a BSV registration if I remember rightly. Its been there for at least 15 to 20 years to my knowledge. I did ask for its front wings when I restored my pickup but they had rotted away too far then and that was 10 years ago.

Griff the garage owner used to have a sad looking cyclops rover P4 in the garage. Whether or not its still there I dont know but he wont sell that either.

Another scrappy in barry named Atlantic salvage in atlantic trading estate used to have about 10 minors at one time from early low lighters to the last, but he wouldnt break any of them and wanted stupid money for them. So they just rotted away and got worse and worse. Whether or not they are still around I dont know, but I doubt it.

Steve

customjob
Minor Fan

Post by customjob »

Steve, i know the scrappy is still there, as regards the cars they are probably a pile of dust by now, shame people think that way.