Morris Minor Ambulance?

MMOC Ex-Government Fleet Minors Register: for those with Military Minors and those that worked for the Government
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Morris Minor Ambulance?

Post by philthehill »

Many year ago my father was offered a Morris 1000 that had been converted to carry a stretcher. The passenger seat folded down and there was a support for the stretcher where the parcel tray should have been. I supose the stretcher was fed in through the boot and manhandled until it rested on the formentioned supports. I cannot remember whether it was a 2 or 4 door but a 4 door of course would give better access when handling the stretcher. It was a proper conversion but was being sold without the stretcher. I have a vague feeling that the previous owner was The WRVS. I have never seen any reference to a Morris 1000 being used for carrying a stretcher but someone out there may know something. My father turned it down and went on to buy a S/H 4 door Sage Green Morris 1000 from Taylors of Shipston On Stour.

DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend

Re: Morris Minor Ambulance?

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

I cant imagine that being very comfortable for the driver or patient! :o

The first dedicated Cardiac Ambulance used at The Royal Victoria Hospital in Belfast after the portable defib was designed was a traveller, it carried a cardiac doctor and nurse to the scene if an Ambulance crew requested them to attend. I dont think any pictures exsist, but I knew a lady who had been a nurse and attended these calls. The NIAS trust still has a Bedford and a Diamler preserved.

Too many Minors so little time.....
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Re: Morris Minor Ambulance?

Post by philthehill »

David
Many thanks for your comment.
Phil