restored cars

To share thoughts, ideas and inspirations on the subject of councours, judging and how to restore your Minor to showroom condition
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
topknot
Location: Australia the land of Sun , Surf , and oppertunity...
MMOC Member: No

restored cars

Post by topknot »

hi there,
there are 2 acclaimed morris minor restorers in England, Canterbury convertibles and Charles Ware morris minor centre.
Has anyone had dealings with these company's?
I have had very good reports of both.
Canterbury convertibles is fine but adverse reports of the other with regard to parts.
These are first hand from a friend who visited them in person.
C Ware is making replacement parts in Ceylon and some say the parts do not fit? In fact many of these parts do not fit properly... :(
C Convertibles has glowing recommendation's in every respect so I'm at a quandary as to which one to go to, when I visit England this winter? maybe both and see for myself?
I'm in the market for a fully restored vehicle.
any opinions would be helpful..
I bet this question has been asked a hundred times but I cant find any answers on here? maybe its a sacrosanct subject? but the truth will prevail I guess in the wash. :roll:
every minor moment Matters
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Re: restored cars

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

due to site posting rules I have sent you a PM, I have never used canterbury convertibles before so can not comment
topknot

Post by topknot »

Hi there fellow enthusiasts,
thank you all who took the time to contact me, regarding the choice of choosing a competent restoration company .
The PM's that I have received are most revealing to say the least, and confirmed my opinions.
I now know where to visit when I return to the old dart this winter.
regards to you all 8)
pudseykeith

Post by pudseykeith »

Hi. I have just had my convertible repaired by Charles Ware Morris Minor Center, Bristol [Floors, front and rear inner wings, chassis, rewire ect ] and a splended job they made. They arranged collection and delivery too and from West Yorkshire with no problems at all. They sent many photographs as the work advanced and spoke to me on the phone regularly. I can highly recommend them.
I have no doubt that the other company ' Canterbury Convertibles' you mentioned is very good too, but my only experiance is with the Charles Ware Morris Minor center.
Good look with your project, Pudseykeith :D
fussyoldfart
Minor Fan

Post by fussyoldfart »

Have a look at this [url]http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40398/url] thread.

As I write you have about half a day to get in a good bid and buy it for a lot less than either of those dealers is likely to want.
Fussyoldfart in Welland Ontario.

topknot

Post by topknot »

that was a gem of a car, so perfect, it went for an amazing price $20476-AU = GB Pounds 12356--wow
that's a clue to get the welder and spray gun out and get the job done.. :wink:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230655824852?ru ... 3D1&_rdc=1